Author Rue Allyn offers One Moment's Pleasure


Hiya readers! I'm inviting a fab new author into the hotseat today - Rue Allyn! She's a member of my local RWA Chapter, fab lady and all-around great writer. Rue publishes fun (and hot) romances with Red Sage and fabulous historical romances with Crimson Romance. PS: that's her latest cover over there...isn't it fab?

Rue: Kristina,thank you so much for inviting me to visit your readers. I’m excited to do this interview and answer any questions your readers may have for me in their comments.

Kristina: It's my pleasure, Rue, thanks for letting me get a little nosy! Okay then, what do you wear when you're writing?

Rue: Clothes. Seriously, I dress casually and comfortably in anything from sweats to a suit. The choice depends more on what I have to do besides writing in any given day.

Kristina: When was the last time you argued with one of your characters? And were you caught by a real person?

Rue: Sorry, I’m one of the rare authors who do not hear voices, so I don’t argue with my characters. I have been heard talking to myself about what’s going on in a scene or trying out dialogue. Since I write at home, the only person who’s ever heard me is my DH who loves me anyway.
 
Kristina: Ahh, the understanding husband. I've got one of those. Although he does find it a little...unnerving now and then...How do you keep gremlins – like your family – out of your office/writing habitat?

Rue: My gremlins were pre-trained. I had an academic job which required long periods without interruption. When my kids were school-aged I put a ‘do not disturb’ sign on my door. It took about a week for them to learn not to disturb mommy when that sign was out—unless the house was on fire or someone was bleeding, of course.
 
Kristina: I've tried that sign thing...unfortunately bebe is still pre-school age and the sign has no effect. She has no fear of signs - yet! Okay, have you ever taken your frustrations with the Real World out on your characters?

Rue: Oh, absolutely. Every villain I’ve ever written and almost every bad situation that occurs contains some piece of my personal frustrations. For example, Madam Cerise Duval—villainess from One Moment’s Pleasure—is a master manipulator. I know several people whose attempts to manipulate others (me included) frustrate me no end. Cerise gets her comeuppance as I wish the real life manipulators would.
 
Kristina: Oh, I'm with you there! If you could be one character from this book, who would it be? And why?

Rue: Probably Edith Alden, my heroine. She’s young and courageous and gets to experience so many things for the first time—the train, San Francisco, living with a man etc. First times only happen once. We need to treasure them because the older we get the fewer firsts we have.

Kristina: That is so true, Rue! Thanks for being my guest today...and readers, here's a little more about Rue's books:
 
Blurb for One Moment’s Pleasure:

     One Moment’s Pleasure will become a lifetime’s passion when spinster, Edith Alden, embarks on a search for her missing sister.  Pretending to be a rich bored woman looking for an interlude with an anonymous male Edith enters the San Francisco bordello where her sister was last seen. She escapes the bordello almost too easily, but she can’t escape the passion ignited by a stranger’s kiss.
     Born and raised in the brothels of the California gold rush, Dutch Trahern worked for years to erase a childhood spent committing petty crimes and worse in order to survive. That past comes back to haunt him in the form of a woman he rescues from prostitution. Now his hard won respectability is threatened by an irresistible desire for a woman he shouldn’t want.

All About Rue Allyn: 

Author of historical, contemporary, and erotic romances, Rue Allyn fell in love with happily ever after the day she heard her first story. She is deliriously married to her sweetheart of many years and loves to hear from readers about their favorite books and real life adventures.  Learn more about Rue at http://RueAllyn.com

Find Rue Online: Blog  Facebook  Twitter  Goodreads  Amazon 

Comments

  1. One Moment's Pleasure sound fab, Rue! Congratulations! And Kristi, I really like your interview style -- nice one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Cait. Kristi is very perceptive. Thanks for the kind words about One Moment's Pleasure. This is a book of my heart, so I'm excited to share it with readers.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous11:32 AM

    What a great interview. The books sounds wonderful!! I tweeted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ella. Someday I'm going to be able to buy you a drink and say thanks in person.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous11:55 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:57 PM

    One day, four months into the courtship, Irina came home
    all excited because Tony proposed. A quick research showed that major reverse cell phone
    lookup services have a few pricing level. They must reflect
    the rate for an extensive finding varying from 99 cents to $69.


    my web-site: phone directory

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice interview, Rue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:52 PM

    Hey very nice interview Rue keep up the great work. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts