5 Questions with Debut Author Heather Rodney-Diaz!

Hiya, readers! So I have a couple of special guests this week on the blog - two of my fellow launch authors from Crimson Romance! I met Heather Rodney-Diaz just a few weeks ago when we both learned we would be debut authors with the new line of romance novels from Adams Media/Crimson. Let me tell you she's a little bit sassy (just like her book, Island Pursuits!) and such a great writer. So, on with the interview!



Kristina: Do you have (or do you aspire to have!) a writing process?

Heather: I can only aspire to have anything close to a writing process right now! I write anytime and everywhere. It might be on early mornings, after lunch, evenings, late at night, on weekends, at the beach, on my bed, lunchtime at work etc. I also write whenever my protagonists speak to me, that's when I drop everything and just write what they tell me to. Sometimes they don't talk to me at all! With a full-time job and a family, it's tough to joggle. Sometimes I may write only a sentence one day whilst other days I may write 2,000 or more words. My writing aspiration however is to get 1,000 words down everyday!


Kristina: When the writing gets tough, where do you get going?

Heather: I walk away from it for a couple of days or weeks even in order to get a fresh perspective. I'll probably do some more research or talk it over with someone to get a different viewpoint. Or I search out some other inspiration. But I definitely let it simmer and get back to it. And it always feels like I never left.

Kristina: What are you listening to right now and does your listening choice influence your writing?

Heather: I LOVE music and it's a big part of my everyday life. I listen to music when I'm at work, in the car, at home, on weekends, late at nights, when I'm cooking and most definitely when I'm writing. Music is my number one inspiration for writing! Having said this, it's obvious that I love to listen to love music mostly. Smooth R&B or those from the 80s. For egs. Usher, Alicia Keys, Maxwell, Brian McKnight, Keshia Cole etc. It just puts me in the mood and I even sing along when I write.

Kristina: Coffee, tea, soda, hot cocoa w/ extra marshmallows  – what's your beverage of choice?

Heather: Ummmm WINE!LOL! Especially when I'm writing or reading.

**Kristina interrupts with a hearty, "Salute!"**
   
Kristina: Tell us one interesting thing about this book or its characters that didn't make in 'between the covers'?

Heather: My hero Adrian, although he's this tough soldier, he's really a softie when it comes to the women in his life … his mother, sister and his love interest, Cory. He also loves kids.

All About Island Pursuits:

When former U.S. Marine Adrian Mendez decided to return to his beautiful twin-island homeland of Trinidad and Tobago in the southern Caribbean, he didn’t expect to find the woman of his dreams. But one chance encounter with the captivating Cory Phillips was all it took. Adrian quickly realizes once just isn’t enough with this beautiful but feisty island goddess.


Headstrong and set in her ways, Cory struggles tremendously with the military stereotypes of the island. But when this gorgeous, sensual—and deadly—soldier offers her his help, how could she resist him? After many sultry and pleasure-filled steamy Caribbean nights with Adrian, Cory finds herself going against everything she once believed in.


Their lustful island pursuits lead to a sizzling romance in paradise—but what they both discover about the past threatens to destroy any chance of a happily ever after. Can their love survive this tropical turbulence even as danger and deception lurks?
Sensuality Level: Hot

All About Heather: 
Heather Rodney-Diaz lives on the twin islands of Trinidad and Tobago in the southern Caribbean, indeed her motivation for writing spicy and super-sexy multi-cultural romantic island escapes. Here, on these fascinating islands of sun, sand, and sea, there's no better place for dreaming up scorching hot heroes or falling in love. Island Pursuits is her debut novel.

Release date: (June 4, 2012)

Island Pursuits is up for Pre-Order on Amazon:

Comments

  1. Nice interview ladies!

    Great to meet you Heather. It was fun learning about your writing process. I don't know how you juggle it all! lol

    Congrats on your release...sounds like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was lucky enough to read an ARC of this one, Christine and (shameless plug for Heather) it was a really fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview. I so enjoyed your book, Heather (still fanning myself) and wish you and Kristina MUCH success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:12 AM

    Ladies, I was lucky enough to get an early read of Island Pursuits - it is HOT - super feisty heroine and manly-man hero with some unexpected twists and turns. Don't miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by, Irene and Ines!

    Heather, Great to have you here today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interview, and getting the POV of the Caribbean from someone who lives there is so cool. Good luck with your book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful interview! It was great to learn more about you and your book. I look forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great interview! I always wanted to visit Trinidad. Book sounds cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Heather. Crimson author here. I don't like to travel, and I especially don't like to fly, but I'd love to see your home place. Your book sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous5:12 PM

    You had me at Marine, lol! Definitely gonna read this one! So nice to meet you and congrats on the upcoming release!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cait OSullivan1:22 PM

    Hi Heather, your book sounds wonderful, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much everyone for your warm welcome and best wishes. It was nice meeting everyone and definitely a big thank you to Kristie for having me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts