Thursday, May 17, 2012

This Is Why I Love My Job


My debut romance novel releases in a little less than three weeks and I've been talking about it. A lot. Not just online - and I swear I'm not trying to annoy you guys or just say the name of my book every 5 seconds. Its simple excitement. I'm a lot like Julia Roberts in Runaway Bride that way..sometimes I just spazz out and have to say one more thing - but to my husband and my friends and my daughter (who wants to know if my book will have pictures).


But as I was going on to my husband about the process and the fun of editing (yes, the fun. Seriously.) and his eyes started to glaze over I realized that while I love writing and books and all things geek...he doesn't. So I'm letting a little of my spazz out on the blog today so I don't kill the remaining 2 brain cells he has that are willing to listen to me. And, so I can share with y'all why I love what I do so much. And why I'm hoping you'll let me keep doing it for a long, long time.


I never know who I'm going to 'meet' in a book. Or what I'll do with 'em once we do meet!


I love watching 2 people fall in love...it makes me fall in love with my husband all over again.


I like putting people in ordinary circumstances and then turning things upside down for them.


I totally get to stalk images of hot guys and beautiful women for the sake of creating a collage that represents the books for me. Pinterest is my friend.


Exploring character's plans, wants and needs can be very therapeutic - without the expense of a therapist!


Each ending is really just the beginning and sometimes - this is where my nuttiness comes in - I revisit them in my mind to see how things are going now.


I've met some truly amazing people, both in the Crimson Romance family and in my general wanderings around the web.


I get to spend all day with my favorite people in the world - both the real people and the imagined ones!


What about you guys? Why do you love your job - writing related or not??