5 Questions with Molly Kate Gray!


Hiya, readers! I'm welcoming one of my Crimson sisters to the blog today - meet Molly Kate Gray, whose debut, Small Town Secrets, I just finished...and loved! So excited to introduce you all!

Kristina: M&Ms, Chips 'n Dip, Jell-O Shots…what's your snack of choice when you're on deadline?

Molly Kate: I'm probably a guacamole and chips kind of girl.

Kristina: I've never acquired a taste for guacamole...but I won't hold that against you! ;) What's your favorite non-word (as in a word we've bastardized or completely made up) and why?

Molly Kate: I think I like "googled" or "google" when you're searching for something online.  The fact that a website's name has become a verb shows just how much the internet has pervaded our culture.

Kristina: So true! When the writing gets tough, who do you lean on?

Molly Kate: I'm a pretty private person.  I don't have many close friends in the writing world, but I have two friends that I met through our mutual fondness for a television show.  They're always just a click away.  We've worked through many challenges on one manuscript or another on Skype or via Twitter DMs.  We may never have met in person, but I consider both of them to be among my biggest writing supporters.

Kristina: Finish this sentence: For me, writing is like ______________

Molly Kate: For me, writing is like breathing - writing's simply something I just do.  Even if I don't have paper (or my laptop) in front of me, I almost always am running plot lines through my head, mentally revising a scene, or thinking about my characters.

Kristina: Tell us one interesting/funny/crazy thing about this book or its characters that didn't make in 'between the covers'?

Molly Kate: Tara originally had an identical twin sister named Maddie (well, Madison).  Madison was the stereotypical "spoiled little rich girl."  She always got her way because no one wanted to cross her, except for Tara.  Tara may have just been a few minutes older than Maddie, but she was still very much the boss of the siblings.  Watching Maddie back down whenever Tara decided her twin had gone too far was always a fun scene.  I loved the interplay between them, and it was amusing to see the siblings through other characters' eyes.  Cutting Maddie from hurt, but it was the correct decision.  To really reach the right emotional mix of isolation and vulnerability for Tara, Maddie couldn't stay in the story.

All About Small Town Secrets:

Miller’s Grove’s most eligible bachelor, Josh Owens, could have a different date every night of the week, so he doesn’t understand why he’s drawn to Tara since she’s obviously not interested in him. Tara Sullivan is angry that he’s stolen the coveted prime-time anchor position she’d been promised.
A stranger begins preying on the single young women in Miller’s Grove, and the story’s assigned to Tara. As the number of victims grows, Tara reluctantly accepts help from Josh. As he researches his top suspect in the assaults, he unearths events in the past that more than one resident of Miller’s Grove wants to keep hidden.
Together they discover a web of conspiracy and lies involving the most powerful family in town. Josh and Tara put their reputations at risk in the hope of exposing the truth and, perhaps, finally bringing Tara peace.

Buy the Book: 
Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Small-Town-Secrets-ebook/dp/B008OJW1H4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1344431238&sr=8-3&keywords=Small+Town+Secrets
Barnes and Noble:  http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/small-town-secrets-molly-kate-gray/1112305025?ean=9781440551352

Molly Kate loves company - visit her online home here.

Comments

  1. The book sounds good, and I love your name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really excited to share the story with everyone. (And I'm pretty fond of my name too.) :-)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like my kind of book, Molly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fantastic book!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts