5 Simple Questions with Author Heather Thurmeier!


Hiya, readers! Please help me welcome author Heather Thurmeier to my blog today! I first 'met' Heather on Twitter and then got sucked into her infamous Hero Hotness board and now I'm completely obsessed with her books - including her latest, Falling for You, out this month from Crimson Romance. Welcome, Heather!

Kristina: M&Ms, Chips 'n Dip, Jell-O Shots…what's your snack of choice when you're on deadline?

Heather: Chocolate. Is there really other options?? And coffee. Lots and lots of coffee.

Kristina: What most surprised you about the publishing process?

Heather: I was really surprised by how much stuff there is to do as a published writer besides just writing the book. Before getting published, I had no idea how much time authors spend do everything BUT writing. The social networking, blogging, guest blogging, interviews, promo, bookkeeping... the list just goes on and on. All of it is essential to be successful and all of it takes time away from the thing we love most--writing the next book!

Kristina: When the writing gets tough, who do you lean on?

Heather: My family. My husband is awesome and also in a creative industry, so he totally gets it when I get frustrated with something writing related. He knows just how it feels to get a tough critique or edit back. And even though my kids are still little, they are super supportive and are always ready to give me a hug to keep me going.

Kristina: What are you listening to right now and does your listening choice influence your writing?

Heather: I really only listen to music while driving and then it's whatever is playing on the top 20. I'm really not a big music person. And I can't write to music. If I do, I find I get distracted by the lyrics and have trouble thinking of the words I need to write. But on the odd occasion I listen to music while writing, I go for my old favorites that I know well enough they become back ground noise. Bare Naked Ladies (the old stuff) is always on the top of my list!

Kristina: Tell us one interesting thing about this book or its characters that didn't make in 'between the covers'?

Heather: I'd have to say the siblings to my main characters didn't make it into the final book. But, that's not totally true. Both Evan's brother Carter and Cassidy's sister Keira are mentioned in final book, but in the original, they had much bigger roles. Evan's brother is a newly single father after losing his wife and Evan takes his role as uncle very seriously. I loved one scene I had in the original where Evan visits his brother and niece. It really showed us a different side to Evan, but alas, it didn't make the cut. Cassidy and her sister also had a bigger relationship in the first version of the book. I really loved writing about the sisters since I have a couple of my own!
I'm a little sad that those characters didn't play bigger roles in the final version of the book. Who knows, maybe they'll each get their own book one day so I can spend more time with them!

Thank you so much for having me today, Kristina!!

All about Falling For You: If there’s anything worse than being forced to date your ex-boyfriend while hiding an affair with your new lover—it’s doing it all on national television.

Cassidy Quinn is one of ten contestants on the new reality dating show The One. Her excitement turns to horror when the gorgeous bachelor turns out to be her ex-boyfriend. Cassidy’s not sure she’s ready to love again or if she’s even really over her ex—then she finds herself in bed with hunky cameraman Evan Burke.
After watching his brother lose his wife in a tragic accident, Evan vows never to fall in love. But following Cassidy around as her personal cameraman makes him question his decision, and resisting her gets harder with every sunbathing, bikini-wearing day.

Cassidy is smitten with Evan right from the start. But when she learns she’s not his first behind-the-scenes fling, Cassidy knows she stands to lose her heart when the show ends and the cameras stop rolling.
Cassidy and Evan hide their affair while her ex-boyfriend tries to win her heart back one groping, awkward moment at a time and the blonde bombshell/reality show veteran with the size two jiggle-free ass makes it her personal mission to ruin Cassidy’s life on the show. If Cassidy can manage to stop falling off horses—literally—stop falling onto her ex-boyfriend, the bachelor—yes, literally—and stop falling in love with backstage playboy Evan, she might still make it through the show without becoming a tabloid sensation.

Now she must choose between the ex who broke her heart and the cameraman who might never love her back. For Cassidy, this reality show just got real.

Buy The Book: Amazon

All About Heather: I’m a full-time stay at home Mum to two kids and a King Charles pup named Indy. I’m married to the uber-talented and creative Michael Thurmeier. He’s my own personal romance hero. He’s very supportive about my new career as a romance author and happily turns a blind eye to my Hero Hotness Pinterestboard. ;) In my defense, a girl has to have unrealistic celebrity man-candy inspiration for her books. The muse needs man-candy… And margaritas. And intravenous coffee, black with sugar. However, we do not need spiders.Now that I’ve published a few books, I feel like I’ve finally found my passion in life. This is it. Writing, telling stories, creating characters—it’s all awesome! I feel blessed that I get to spend my time with my family and my writing. Everyday I live my happily ever after. Visit Heather at her website here.

Comments

  1. Thanks so much for having me today, Kristina!! I loved your questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome, Heather! thanks for being my guest today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Heather! I'm so with you on the chocolate and lots of coffee. Best of luck with the new book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heather. For me, any junk food will do. The book sounds like such a fun read. Wishing you much success.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed the interview ladies :)

    Heather I love the premise of your story and your heroine's name is wonderful (my daughter's name...lol) Good luck with your book,sounds like a fun read with lots of ups and downs !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine! I love the name Cassidy!! The book has lots of drama and tension between characters and all the behind-the-scenes fun I've always wanted to know about while watching reality tv shows!

      Delete
  6. Hi Kristi - Hi Heather!!
    I like these short interviews :) I'm with you, I can't write to music either. I do well with a white sound like a fan running...or my dishwasher. Best wishes on your book - it sounds like a great read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheri, I love white noise, but I listen to it to sleep so I don't think I'd be able to write to it! LOL.

      Delete
  7. I can't write to music either. Too distracting. Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the premise of this book. I started one kind of like it once. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fascinating premise for a book. I don't watch much reality TV but what I've seen is pretty scandalous so I can see why you'd have plenty to play around with here. Good luck with the book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, Heather! I'm with you on all the non-writing stuff being a bit overwhelming when you are an author. Everyone is out there blogging, and you want to be supportive and read their stuff, but, darn it, there's only so much time in a day. I'm having a hard time balancing, but I'm thinking of setting time limits each day and then just doing all I can do. Still, I hate the fact that I might miss someone's blog...I guess I'll just have to learn to deal with it. Oh, and while several of my books were inspired by song lyrics, I can't write to music either. Like you, I only listen to it in the car. Again, best of luck with all of your writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MJ, Don't feel bad about having to miss a few blogs. There is only so much we can do! I try to spread out my visits to as many people as I can, but on many different days. So one day I'll visit blogs A, B, and C then the next chance I get I'll visit blog D, E, F. It's about the best I can do right now with time constraints.

      Delete
  11. Great interview. The book sounds like a winner! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts