Thursday, August 23, 2012

Kristina's Top 3 Romantic Comedies

So I'm starting a new segment on the blog - Three on Thursday - in which I'll tell you three of my favorite things...and you get to weigh in. Tell me what you love (or hate) about my list, add your own must-haves...and now, the inaugural Three on Thursday: Kristina's Top 3 Romantic Comedies:

3) Fool's Gold (2008) - Kate Hudson (Tess) and Matthew McConaughey (Finn). On a beach. Plenty of man-candy, very quippy dialogue and sex in a church. Seriously, do we need anything else? Did I mention Matthew-of-the-nice-chest? Or the beach? Or the hunt for a lost treasure and the wonderful way that story was told, which just highlighted the ways Tess and Finn were perfect for one another? Yeah, this is definitely a keeper movie.



2) Runaway Bride (1999) - Julia Roberts (Maggie) and Richard Gere (Ike) with probably the best best-friend actress evah, Joan Cusack (Peggy). I love her, she totally stole the movie for me...but I digress, this is a list of my three favorite rom-coms, not my three favorite scene stealers. Don't worry, Joan, I'll get ya back. I love this movie for a lot of reason, not the least of which is that Maggie and Ike ride off into the sunset on their own horses. Or that she has that line, "I'm turning in my running shoes. To you." Oh, happy sigh.



1) Philadelphia Story (1940) - Katherine Hepburn, James Stewart and Cary Grant...do I really need to say anything more? Three of my favorite actors in one place with a helluva story to tell. There's the socialite (Tracy, played by Katherine) who's about to get married only her ex (Dex, played by Cary) shows up and there's this reporter (Mike, played by Jimmy Stewart)who keeps getting in the way of everything. There are great one-liners, amazing on-screen chemistry and acting that...will floor you. If you haven't seen it, Netflix it. It's really worth it.

So, what would you add to the list? What are some must-see-again-and-again romantic comedies?