Meet Author Alison Stone!


Hey there, readers! Please help me welcome author Alison Stone to my blog today! I met Alison on th'Twittah a few months ago - where she has entertained me endlessly...possibly without even knowing it! Alison is funny, her books are fab and - guess what? She's got a new release coming out! So, please welcome Alison...and let's get right to the questions!

Kristina: M&Ms, Chips 'n Dip, Jell-O Shots…what's your snack of choice when you're on deadline?

Alison: M&Ms with peanuts. Yum!

Kristina: What's your favorite non-word (as in a word we've bastardized or completely made up) and why?

Alison: Oh, my husband loves to make up words. It has become a running joke and a few of the words have entered our everyday vocabulary (within the confines of our home, of course). We have Cat's Soup on our French fries. I'm sure this stemmed from the spelling "catsup" whereas I prefer "ketchup." And since we're not fancy people, we're content to enjoy horsey dorvies (pronounced exactly as it's written) while others may prefer hors d'oeuvres. :)

Kristina: We make up words (or just pronunciations!), too! So much fun!! When the writing gets tough, who do you lean on?

Alison: My husband and children are my biggest supporters. For years, when I struggled to get published, my husband would discourage my plans to get an office job. He reminded me that writing was my job. My kids always ask me how my work is going. I love their support. I also have close writing friends. They truly "get it" and always seem to know the right thing to say when I'm down in the dumps about my writing.

Kristina: Finish this sentence: For me, writing is like ______________

Alison: For me, writing is like a challenge. My background is in engineering, so fiction writing was something I came to as an adult. I have been a stay-at-home mom for over a decade and I enjoy writing because it challenges my mind. I love fitting together the puzzle pieces of the plot. Maybe it's the engineer in me!

Kristina: Tell us one interesting/funny/crazy thing about this book or its characters that didn't make in 'between the covers'?

Alison: In an earlier version of Too Close to Home, the heroine's sister was dating the bad guy. I wanted the heroine to not only uncover the bad guy, but to protect her little sister. But in the end, I decided a spunky sister was more fun than a wimpy one that needed saving.

All About Alison: After working in Corporate America for a number of years, Alison Stone retired to raise her young family. Soon the writing bug bit. After years of conferences, critique groups and writing, Alison achieved her dream of becoming a published author. Too Close to Home is her second novel. Her third romantic suspense will be released by Harlequin Love Inspired Suspense in 2013. To learn more, please visit www.AlisonStone.com. Her blog is www.AlisonStone.Wordpress.com. She’s also chatty on Twitter @Alison_Stone.

Blurb from Too Close to Home:
They say you can never go home. If you do, better watch your back.
Ten years ago, after her father’s gruesome death was ruled a suicide, Kathryn McNabb left her hometown, vowing never to return. And never to let anything—business or personal—break her heart.
Now an overachieving manufacturing engineer, she thrives on order, control and solitude. But an unexpected inheritance makes her the co-owner of the company her father founded, forcing her to face the ghosts of her past. Including Ben Nowak, childhood friend, secret crush, and son of the man who ruined her father.
Ben hadn’t planned on returning home either, but with his own father’s death it falls to him to continue the family legacy. When he learns Kathryn plans to sell the plant out from under him, his quest takes on new urgency—Midport Industries is the main source of jobs in town.
Butting heads strike sparks of attraction that entangle business and pleasure into a hopeless knot. And someone is watching. Someone with a darker reason to prevent the deal from going through. Someone desperate enough to kill…
Warning: Beware of the shadows, disgruntled employees, and childhood crushes all grown up.
Barnes & Noble Buy Link: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/too-close-to-home-alison-stone/1112120174?ean=9781609288501

Comments

  1. The book sounds great and I enjoyed the interview, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz. Kristina asks fun questions.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for being my guest today, Alison!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristina, thanks for introducing me to Alison! Alison, can't wait to read your book!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts