Three On Thursday - The Jeans Edition!

courtesy:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/mbtrama/ 
We're headed out the door in a bit to do a little pre-school shopping with bebe. In which I'll attempt to find jeans that fit her 5t-length-legs and 4t-waist body. And 4t waist is sometimes stretching it. There are some jeans that 3t is a better fit. It's a struggle. And I realized as I was stressing out about finding those weird brands that it's the same for adults, too. The waist/length issue isn't as horribly bad, but there are issues.

And so, this week 3 on Thursday is the jeans edition!

3) Faded Glory - yes, these are cheapo Wal-Mart jeans. You can find a pair for under $20. They won't last forever but they do clean up well, the waist doesn't do that gappy-thing when you sit or bend (I hate that gappy thing) and when they die, invariably, about 6 months down the road you can just go buy another pair without hurting the wallet too much.

2) American Eagle - yes, the teenager store. Pretend you're buying for your kid if you must. What I love about American Eagle is that there are so many types - skinny, boot cut, skinny-with-relaxed the list goes on. Again, they're not overly expensive so the hit to the wallet is minimal, plus they last a bit longer than the cheaper versions. I have a pair of AE jeans from 2 years ago - and they don't look 2 years old. Love that!

3) Lucky Brands - these jeans will make your wallet cry. Just a little. Unless you plan to buy more than a pair, then get ready for water-works. But they are seriously. good. jeans. They wear well, wash up nicely and don't fade as quickly as some cheaper jeans (they shouldn't they average $100/pair). Plus the sizes are actually true to form - they have skinny sizes, curvy sizes (and the curvies don't do the gap thing - success!), easy, relaxed. I'm a curvy girl, so having a little give is important.

What would you add to the list? Do you have a favorite pair (or brand) of jeans?

Comments

  1. I may be one of the few people who doesn't wear jeans on a regular basis. I haven't found ones that fit very comfortably. Gloria Vanderbilt is the best for me right now. But I can't wear them to work and summer's too hot for them. So only sometimes on the weekend. But when I lose down to my weight goal, I will go out and celebrate with a pair of Calvin Kleins! They've always made me feel sexy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...what comes between you and your Calvins? Remember that commercial? lol

      Delete
  2. My favorite jeans are Old Navy The Dreamer style. I bought my first pair at a resale shop and fell in love. Now they have holes in the thighs, which suggests to me that previous owner may also have *ahem* had a bit of rub there. They run about $40 for new ones, but I like to hit them up when Old Navy has sales.

    My other choice is Levi's, but it's been forever since I bought a pair of those. Like you, I typically buy Faded Glory because they don't cost too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Levis fit me...strangely. When I find a pair I like (like every 5th jeans trip) I buy, though.

      Delete
  3. Lee Riders--I get'em at Walmart for about $20 a pair. They have some stretch, which I need, and a higher rise--because I really don't want the waistband to be in the same general vicinity as the crotch.

    Gloria Vanderbilt jeans have a nice variety of fits and colors, but sometimes I can't get the cut I want in the color I want.

    I don't even know if they make jeans, but I got Sonoma shorts this summer and LOVED them, so I'm hoping they do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of Sonoma before...will check them out, Liz.

      Delete
  4. I don't wear jeans often anymore, but have always been partial to Levi's....and I actually like to buy them at goodwill because they are always perfectly faded and worn in! lol

    Have fun shopping with bebe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we had such a great time, Christine...and we even bought something not on the list. I'll share a pic tomorrow. :)

      Delete
  5. Sam's Club carries Lucky Jeans. They are about 40 bucks, but my husband pointed out that they're made in China.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My eyes deceived me when I saw 4t and thought you were talking about a 41 inch waist! Then I realized that no woman would ever reveal her true waist size.

    Everything I used to buy at Wal-Mart fell apart after one wash, but last year I did buy a pair of Faded Glory jeans and they're still around. A good fit, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, if my waist was that large I would *not* be sharing it. 4T - prolly should have capitalized that. lol

      Delete
  7. Faded Glory! Yeah, baby!
    Levis for women.
    And, Rockies. They have no back pockets, so tht ass doesn't stick out a mile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I remember Rockies...haven't found them since we moved East!

      Delete
  8. Like many others here have said -- Gloria Vanderbilt -- I love these! They fit me the best. Second choice, Levi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen GVs in *years*...will check them out, though, thanks, Constance!

      Delete
  9. I have what I call my Miracle Jeans. I actually look skinny in them. They're faded in a straight line down the front, so I think it provides an optical illusion, but whatever. They are by Hydraulics. I also used to have a favorite pair of jeans (I think they may have been Levi's)that were so worn they were INCREDIBLY soft. You're going to laugh when I say this, but they reminded me of my baby blanket, they were that soft. I loved those jeans! I was actually depressed when I discovered a hole in the crotch. There will never be another pair of jeans like that. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE 'miracle' jeans - we all need to feel skinny, I think (even those of you who are!). ;)

      Delete
  10. I have a younger friend, a long, tall Sally who buys her jeans only at Buckle. Expensive, but they fit her long legs, and she says they last and last if washed in cool water.

    I am a Coldwater Creek gal. Love their bootcuts with a hint of spandex--have 7 pair at last count, many bought at deep discount on their Clearance page online, or at their discount stores.

    Love my jeans!
    Cathryn Cade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been into a CC store in ... ages. They don't have 'em around here. Next time I'm home, though, will check those out!

      Delete
  11. Ohhh... I'll have to try Coldwater Creek. Love their stuff.

    Love Rockies too, but haven't found any in my bigger size.

    Wearing Gloria Vanderbilts because of the stretch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm definitely going to try GVs since so many of you recommended them!

      Delete
  12. Anonymous1:57 AM

    I buy the Lady Lee Riders at Wal Mart. They last a long time for me. I live in Texas and I tend to wear jeans year round. It was upsetting when the convenience store aka gas station told us no jeans. First they said okay black jeans only. Then it was NO JEANS PERIOD. My boss and I thought it was some idiot that had no clue what we really do at work. I no longer work there so my jeans actually last a little longer lol. I've gotten lazy the past few months. Being a widow and often not going out I may not bother to dress at all. Hey it saves on washing clothes. I haven't worn Gloria Vanderbilt jeans since around 1983 or 1985. I never had Rockies, the price and size didn't fit. I have three pairs of the Lee Riders and enjoy the way they fit. Except these have gotten bigger someway. I think I lost some weight but I'm between sizes because the ones in the next size down fit but seem snug after the loose ones lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts