Thursday, September 27, 2012

3 on Thursday - Summertime Favorites!


My summertime flowers are going to have to be taken out this weekend. Halloween decorations will come out of the attic and snow boots aren't far off. We've already pulled out the heavy winter coats...all that and October isn't here yet. Which has be thinking summer, strangely enough.

We all have them. Little, pleasurable moments that make us feel guilty or really really really good! Some we do often, some are once a year things...but when I looked at my calendar yesterday and realized that September is officially only three more days long and the long, cold days of Winter are just a few weeks away...I felt the need to revisit some of my summertime favorites. Wheee!

So, without further ado, this 3 on Thursday is all about summertime pleasures - you know, reality television, lazing by the pool or on a boat, twilight walks with lightning bugs flitting around...what is it about summer that makes you want to indulge just a little bit more?

3. Reading a book a day. Some are old faves, most are new, but I read a LOT during the summer, no matter what my work load is.

2. Stopping the ice cream man when he putters down our street in his oh-so-happy musical vehicle. I always get a fudgecicle.

1. Skipping work just because...and lying on the beach/in the pool instead. I actually did indulge in this one. Prolly too many times.

So, 'fess up. What are your favorite summertime pleasures? And, did you indulge this year? Do you plan to?