Meet Author Constance Phillips!


Hey, gang! It's my pleasure to introduce you to Constance Phillips today on the blog. I've known Constance for a couple of years now - we belong to the same RWA chapter, where we're as likely to laugh, cut-up and joke as we are to talk about Serious Issues. Constance is celebrating the release of her debut book, Fairyproof, today by answering 5 Simple Questions with me...and she's also got a fun book trailer to share. So, on with the interview!

Kristina: M&Ms, Chips 'n Dip, Jell-O Shots…what's your snack of choice when you're on deadline?

Constance: Am I editing or writing? If it's writing, definitely chocolate: peanut butter M&Ms or recess pieces. If I'm editing or fine tuning: Cruchy and salty like pretzels...No, I can't explain it either.

Kristina: What most surprised you about the publishing process?

Constance: As an unpublished author, I spent a lot of time studying the industry and talking to friends who were already published, so, I was pretty prepared for the process. I guess, the most surprising part for me was that I was able to jump in and adapt.

Kristina: When the writing gets tough, who do you lean on?

Constance: This one is easy, my dear friends in MVRWA. As you know, we have such a supportive group. If I need a question answered or a shoulder to lean on, I know I can get either there.

Kristina: What are you listening to right now and does your listening choice influence your writing?

Constance: The hum of the air conditioner and the snoring bulldogges. (I'm in the office of our company right now). I do listen to music when I write, and I always pick songs that put me in my characters mind and viewpoint.

Kristina: Tell us one interesting thing about this book or its characters that didn't make in 'between the covers'?

Constance: There wasn't really much cutting in Fairyproof. In fact, it was quite the opposite. My first version of this book was a 15,000 word short story. After I had finished that draft, I was encouraged by a friend to expand and make it a full length novel. So, the surprising twist was the addition of the subplot: the fairy murders.

All about Fairyproof:


When Monique finds out her brother, Kieran, is planning her future with the one fairy she wants nothing to do with, she seeks refuge in the human world. Now Kieran fears she will be the next victim in a string of murdered fairies and is determined to bring her home.

Hiding should be a breeze. She can control any human with a flirtatious smile and an attraction spell. Until she meets Daniel Elliot, the only human who's immune to both.

A year ago, Daniel's fiancée disappeared with the engagement ring, an Elliot family heirloom. He's ready to move forward with his life, but his mother's obsession with retrieving the ring makes that impossible. Then Monique walks into his office to apply for a job.

Daniel and Monique can't deny their attraction, but will the reason he's Fairyproof be too much to overcome? 

All about Constance: 

Constance Phillips lives in Ohio with her husband, two ready-to-leave-the-nest children, and four canine kids. Her perfect fantasy vacation would involve hunting Dracula across Europe with her daughter, who also digs that kind of stuff. When she's not writing about fairies, shifters, vamps, and guardian angels, she's working side-by-side with her husband in their hardwood flooring business.
Constance is actively involved in her local Romance Writers of America chapter (MVRWA) and the Southeast Michigan chapter of the United States Pony Club. When not writing or enjoying the outdoors, she loves reality television or can be found at a Rick Springfield concert (just look for the pink Converse high tops).
Constance blogs regularly at www.constancephillips.com. You can also follow her on Twitter or friend her on Facebook.

Buy links:


Comments

  1. Oh, I LIKE Rick Springfield... Great interview. Good luck with your release!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz, thanks for stopping by. Did you know RS has a new album coming out next month?

    Kristina, thank you for having me on the blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Constance. Agree with you about MVRWA support. And YOU give as much as you get. Congrats on Fairyproof. On my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, PM, I hope you enjoy the book.

      Delete
  4. Hi Constance. Agree with you about MVRWA support. And YOU give as much as you get. Congrats on Fairyproof. On my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for coming by, Constance - and thanks for the heads-up about Mr. Rick's new album! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristina, we WILL make it to a concert together!

      Delete
  6. Great interview and the book seems wonderful. I love the premise and the title. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fun book and I'm glad I was able to swing by and catch up on your interview. Lots of luck with the debut!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great interview, ladies. Constance, I think you like the salty, crunchy snacks during editing because it's nice to have something to grind other than your teeth, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that, Allison. I think you are right!

      Delete
  9. Super interview! Good luck with your release!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoyed the interview! Congrats on your debut release Constance...and much success to you! (great cover btw)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine. I love the cover too, the artist did an amazing job!

      Delete
  11. It's amazing to me to think of adding words. LOL Best of luck with your new release! The model on the cover has a great look on her face and the hair tells all.
    -R.T. Wolfe
    www.rtwolfe.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to meet you, Constance. I love that cover and Rick Springfield! Great interview ladies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts