Thursday, September 20, 2012

RT Wolfe Answers 5 Simple Questions!

Hiya, readers! Please help me welcome fellow Crimson Romance author RT Wolfe - I'm stop 7 on her 10 stop blog tour - and there's a prize to be had for all you followers-along. Read on for me details:


Kristina: M&Ms, Chips 'n Dip, Jell-O Shots…what's your snack of choice when you're on deadline?
R.T.: I’m generally at a Panera or Barnes and Noble. There are too many distractions at home. Can I cheat and say coffee, coffee, coffee?

What's your favorite non-word (as in a word we've bastardized or completely made up) and why?
R.T.: ‘Got.’ I know I’ve been guilty of using it, but other than in dialogue I think it is bastardized when used in text. Yikes!

Kristina: What most surprised you about the publishing process?
R.T.: Hmm…the lack of control. I didn’t know I was a control freak until I was offered my first contract. LOL

Kristina: When the writing gets tough, who do you lean on?
R.T.: Mr. Folders. He’s my late night mentor.

Kristina: Finish this sentence: For me, writing is like ______________ (and feel free to expand on your answer, doesn't have to be just one word)
R.T.: For me, writing is like crack cocaine. The outlining, the research, editing, revising…all of it. The rush is truly a high.

Kristina: What are you listening to right now and does your listening choice influence your writing?
R.T.: Ahhh. Complete silence. I am able to tune out surrounding sounds but I do love the silence. I often use music, however, to psych me up before I write. And depending on the scene or part of the story I am at, I use different types of music. So fun.

Kristina: Tell us one interesting thing about this book or its characters that didn't make in 'between the covers'?
R.T.: I am big on secondary characters and how they bring depth to a storyline, especially because Black Creek Burning is the first in a trilogy. Part of a tryst between two secondary characters was cut…although I still have it in my copy. J


You can pre-order Black Creek Burning (which officially releases 9/24) here: 

Amazon Pre-Order: http://amzn.to/QM6dNU

And you can visit R.T. on the web here:

R.T. Wolfe website: http://www.rtwolfe.com

R.T. Wolfe Author Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/RTWolfe2012

R.T. Twitter Handle: http://www.twitter.com/RTWolfe

Now, for the giveaway! The rules for the contest are as follows: Visitors names are entered once for each blog they visit. A drawing for the $40 Barnes and Noble or Amazon giftcard prize will take place the day after the September 24th release of Black Creek Burning. Good luck readers!