3 on Thursday - Least Favorite Things

Good morning, readers! Didja see the title up there? Yeah, hasn't been a banner few days here at Casa Knight - the kiddo has come down with bronchitis, which is aggravated by her allergies and asthma. So we're going on very little sleep. So, without further ado: My 3 Least Favorite Things About Fall (don't worry, there will be happy things in a sec!):

3. The weird weather swings. We live on Lake Erie, which means our weather is more temperate - at least until the lake freezes - than some areas. But the swings in temperature can still be huge...and that is just a cold waiting to happen...I hate colds!

2. The doctor's office visits that invariably await when/if colds morph into more serious bronchial infections. I hate waiting. I hate even more waiting in germ-infested waiting rooms...

1. Shorter days. Don't get me wrong, I love the clarity of the sun on brisk mornings, but I hate that the days are cut shorter by 4 or 5 hours. I like long, slow evenings, what can I say?

But, fall is one of my favorite times of year. I actually love the falling leaves, the changing colors so....so that I don't leave y'all feeling down, here are my 3 Most Favorite Things About Fall:

3. Fallen leaves. I love the crunchity-crunch of leaves as we're walking. And the changing colors are so pretty - around here the leaves turn from green to fiery red to brilliant yellow...it's like watching a living painting!

2. Hoodies. I love hoodies. The fleecier the better.

1. The decorations - I love getting our house ready for Halloween (we don't go nuts, just some cool candles and things) and then changing to Thanksgiving decorations on November 1. The oranges and yellows are brilliant!

What are your favorite (or least favorite) things about Fall?

Oh! And there are still 4 days left to enter my Devilish Deal contest to help launch my second book The Saint's Devilish Deal. Details are here: So, the contest ends at midnight on October 15, 2012.  Winner will be announced no later than October 20, 2012. You can enter multiple times – there are a minimum of 20 points available, but you can get more points by tweets/facebooking/tumblr-ing, etc. more than once. That means more chances to win! Don't forget to let me know what you've done to help get the word out about The Saint's Devilish Deal by emailing me at Kristina @ kristinaknightauthor.com.

What's in it for you? My undying gratitude…oh, you mean a physical, actual prize? Well, lucky for you I've got one: a gift basket filled with cool stuff that reminds me (and I hope YOU!) of The Saint's Devilish Deal – a set (bracelet & matching earrings) ofVivaBeads jewelry (just the thing Esme might sell in her villa), a $5 gift card to Amazon or Barnes & Noble (you're choice), the first 3 books from the Emily March
Eternity Springs series (physical books, peeps) and some Kristina Knight swag – I've got postcards and other fun stuff that will let you have an actual piece of my books to keep forever…and you never know what I might pick up to add to the stash!

Comments

  1. Fall is my fav time of the year! I love the cooler weather, the crisp air, the beautiful colors, hot cider, the expectation in the air of the holidays...so many wonderful things :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, cider. I like it, but 1 cup is enough for me...

      Delete
  2. I hate the short days too! I'm ready to go to bed by 8 pm every night because it's dark early. I don't, but it's often tempting.

    I like the Halloween decorations, but I hate that the stores already have Christmas displays up. It really takes the joy out of the holidays by making them feel cheap.

    Cool mornings definitely tempt me toward drinking cider and cocoa. Fall/winter are the only times those drinks really feel right to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cocoa..I'll drink a LOT of that between now and April when the spring thaw happens! And I agree on the stores - saw my first Christmas display and thought BLEH!!! Can't we enjoy halloween first?!?

      Delete
  3. I love fall, too, but hate the short days, the wind that's cold even when it's not, and rain--even if we need it!--because it's cold, too. Now I think I'll go find Allison and have her share her cider and cocoa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll have a morning cocoa-clatch, Liz! :)

      Delete
  4. You already know what I love about fall. What I don't like. Mmmm. That my garden dies or goes dormant. I hate it when my flowers leave me.

    Election ads. Even when it's not a presidential race, we still have to put up with local and state ads--ugh. Hate the negativity in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will not say anything about political ads. I will not say anything about political ads. I will not say anything about political ads.

      My dormant garden is a big hate-it moment, too, Margie. I miss my flowers!!!

      And I hate political ads. With a a passion. Hate hate hate.

      Delete
  5. Like you all, hate losing my flowers. My dahlias froze the other night. Ugh. I don't really like fall, b/c as a SADD sufferer, the change in the light is difficult. I do love riding in the aspens when they are red and gold, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you've probably got the market on great fall foliage, D'Ann!

      Delete
  6. I love the leaves and the cooler weather. I love hot chocolate and sitting next to the fire pit. I love chilly nights and huddling under a blanket. I love watching my dogs run through the piles of leaves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all great things! thanks for stopping by, Sharon!

      Delete
  7. Lovely post! I love the Fall/Autumn too and what I love most is the fact that you can often see the moon high in the sky on the beautifully clear bright mornings. I love it and don't want to stop watching it to go back inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. seeing the moon at odd times of day is wonderful, isn't it, Cait?

      Delete
  8. I've never liked the hot. Fall is my favorite season. I could live in Alaska, actually. I love the colors and breaking out my sweaters. I love fire pits and how my dog can spend hours outside. Great post, Kristina!
    -R.T. Wolfe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sooo want to visit Alaska some time, RT. My in-laws went a couple years ago and came back with the most beautiful pictures!

      Delete
  9. I love when the leaves turn fiery red too. My least favorite is when ALL the leaves are gone from the trees. I also hate the shorter days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the shorter days are a killer, Shawn...

      Delete
  10. I feel your pain sweetie. Andee had bronchitis last week and missed several days of school, not to mention the short nights!

    Good luck with your contest!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pat Marinelli1:53 PM

    I love the cooler weather but miss my herb garden when I make all those lovely fall and winter soups. Love the color of the leaves but not raking them. Don't miss the heat of summer or the crowds at the beach. I'm a Jersey Girl, you see. Love a nice hot cup of tea.

    Hope your daughter is better real soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts