3. The weird weather swings. We live on Lake Erie, which means our weather is more temperate - at least until the lake freezes - than some areas. But the swings in temperature can still be huge...and that is just a cold waiting to happen...I hate colds!
2. The doctor's office visits that invariably await when/if colds morph into more serious bronchial infections. I hate waiting. I hate even more waiting in germ-infested waiting rooms...
1. Shorter days. Don't get me wrong, I love the clarity of the sun on brisk mornings, but I hate that the days are cut shorter by 4 or 5 hours. I like long, slow evenings, what can I say?
But, fall is one of my favorite times of year. I actually love the falling leaves, the changing colors so....so that I don't leave y'all feeling down, here are my 3 Most Favorite Things About Fall:
3. Fallen leaves. I love the crunchity-crunch of leaves as we're walking. And the changing colors are so pretty - around here the leaves turn from green to fiery red to brilliant yellow...it's like watching a living painting!
2. Hoodies. I love hoodies. The fleecier the better.
1. The decorations - I love getting our house ready for Halloween (we don't go nuts, just some cool candles and things) and then changing to Thanksgiving decorations on November 1. The oranges and yellows are brilliant!
What are your favorite (or least favorite) things about Fall?
Oh! And there are still 4 days left to enter my Devilish Deal contest to help launch my second book The Saint's Devilish Deal. Details are here: So, the contest ends at midnight on October 15, 2012. Winner will be announced no later than October 20, 2012. You can enter multiple times – there are a minimum of 20 points available, but you can get more points by tweets/facebooking/tumblr-ing, etc. more than once. That means more chances to win! Don't forget to let me know what you've done to help get the word out about The Saint's Devilish Deal by emailing me at Kristina @ kristinaknightauthor.com.
What's in it for you? My undying gratitude…oh, you mean a physical, actual prize? Well, lucky for you I've got one: a gift basket filled with cool stuff that reminds me (and I hope YOU!) of The Saint's Devilish Deal – a set (bracelet & matching earrings) ofVivaBeads jewelry (just the thing Esme might sell in her villa), a $5 gift card to Amazon or Barnes & Noble (you're choice), the first 3 books from the Emily MarchEternity Springs series (physical books, peeps) and some Kristina Knight swag – I've got postcards and other fun stuff that will let you have an actual piece of my books to keep forever…and you never know what I might pick up to add to the stash!