5 Questions with Shay Lacy!

Hey, fabulous readers! My guest today is Shay Lacy - a very funny lady who just happens to write romantic suspense...my second favorite romance genre. I've known Shay for a couple of years now and I'm so excited for her book, Hero Needed, to be released. Now, on with the interview!

Kristina: M&Ms, Chips 'n Dip, Jell-O Shots…what's your snack of choice when you're on deadline?

Shay: I don’t snack while I’m working. Part of the reason is I’m Lifetime status with WeightWatchers. WW says “Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels” and I so agree! And part is simple logistics: if I snack, I have to drink something, and then I have to go to the bathroom, which means leaving my work, which leads to temptations away from the work, as well as aggravates me for having to leave the work.

Kristina: I know about the temptations ~ good for you! What's your favorite non-word (as in a word we've bastardized or completely made up) and why?

Shay: Googled as a verb. I’m sure I’m not alone with this one.

Kristina: Y.E.S.!! When the writing gets tough, who do you lean on?

Shay: Writers Constance Phillips and Jenna Rutland are my anchors. Plus I can turn to the other wonderful members of MVRWA. Someone is always there for me: to brainstorm, to lift me up, to console me, to share doubts and fears, or to bitch slap me if I need it.

Kristina: I'm sure you never really need that bitch-slap. Finish this sentence: For me, writing is like:

Shay: bleeding and dying. Writer Paul Callico describes it like this. “It is only when you open your veins and bleed onto the page a little that you establish contact with your reader.” I mine my soul when I write. I turn myself inside out. It’s a visceral experience. If it isn’t, I haven’t gone deep enough and I won’t feel the connection to my stories that I want to feel. If I don’t feel it, my reader won’t feel it.

Kristina: Love that quote, Shay! Thanks for sharing!! Tell us one interesting/funny/crazy thing about this book or its characters that didn't make in 'between the covers'?


Shay: A sex scene begins in Hero Needed where the hero intends to use something unexpected from his luggage that will enhance the heroine’s pleasure. I don’t finish the scene on the page and I don’t disclose what that item is. I don’t know if I ever will. LOL

Kristina: Ooooh, now I'm verra intrigued to read that scene and fill in the blanks!

All about Hero Needed: Some heroes are born and some are forged by events.
Marisa’s best friend Carolyn was killed by a train, but then Carolyn’s husband claims she committed suicide. Proving he’s wrong will be a heroic feat. EMT Nick Stark seems a natural for the job.

Yet the truths Marisa and Nick uncover spark unexpected danger. Does the secret of Marisa’s parentage tie in with Carolyn’s death? And is Marisa prepared to face the truth in order to identify whoever now wants her dead?

Buy the Book: Amazon iTunes

All about Shay:  Shay Lacy never moved from her native Ohio, except in her imagination. She considered joining the Army, but thought marriage would be the bigger challenge. She collects glass paperweights and rocks, and dreams of one day owning the rock section of the Smithsonian’s Museum of Natural History. She's an amateur photographer and an avid reader.
I made a note to send the buy links when I have them.

Comments

  1. Kristina: Thanks so much for having me here today and giving me the chance to meeting other readers and writers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm intrigued, and I love your cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Crimson Romance cover artists are FANtastic!

      Delete
  3. This story sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Shay! Welcome! Thanks for being my guest!

    Jerri, isn't that cover great?

    Liz, the blurb totally has me hooked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz. I wish I could clone the blurb making from this novel.

      Delete
  5. OMG...I love LOVE that cover :)

    Terrific interview ladies and much success with your book Shay...sounds like a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interview! Thanks, Kristi, for sharing Shay, her book, and that beautiful cover with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Shay - Great interview and congrats on the lifetime ww status.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hero Needed sounds fabulous, Shay, congratulations! I wish you many many sales.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi!
    Great cover! I know Jenna, she's great! Say hi from D'Ann. I need to check out your book! Oh, and congrats on the WW status--awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shay, that is one spectacular cover! Congrats on the sale and being a WW lifer. I couldn't *not* snack, even if it's an apple I brought at the start (so I wouldn't have to get up) and the napkin I'd no doubt need. I struggle with distractions, but I need -- ooh, Shiny!... Sorry. I need to walk or my back would never forgive me.
    Let us know when you have those other buy links!!

    Megan Kelly
    Santa Dear

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christine: Thanks! Crimson Romance rocks with their covers.

    Hi Connie! Waving.

    Hi Lynn! It's as much a daily WIP as writing.

    Thank you, Cait.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found it on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Hero-Needed-ebook/dp/B009LQH6NI/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1351006892&sr=1-1&keywords=hero+needed

    It will be my reward for finishing my ms and getting it uploaded. Don't know if I can resist taking a peak though...

    Megan Kelly
    Santa Dear

    ReplyDelete
  13. D'Ann: we're so lucky to know Jenna. I'll let her know. Thanks for the support.

    Megan! I miss you. All the best people know Kristina. Thanks for the warm wishes. Maybe we can see each other at RT in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ladies,
    Wonderful interview and great cover, Shay.
    Best of luck with your book,
    Suzi Love

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous cover, Shay! Love the post.

    -R.T. Wolfe
    www.rtwolfe.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the cover! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love Paul Callico's quote. Thanks for sharing. Your book sounds great and an awesome cover will certainly help sales. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hero Needed sounds like my kind of book! I added it to my TBR list. Thanks for sharing so much fun, girls!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts