Amber Kallyn Answers 5 Simple Questions

Heya, readers, help me welcome awesome author Amber Kallyn! Amber and I met on the Twittah, where I look for her bookish tweets and get some really good reading material! Read on for Amber's answers to my 5 simple questions!


Kristina: M&Ms, Chips 'n Dip, Jell-O Shots…what's your snack of choice when you're on deadline?

Amber: Beef jerky, and chocolate. Not together, though, LOL.

Kristina: That would be a weird taste combo, Amber! Love beef jerky, though. YUM! What's your favorite non-word (as in a word we've bastardized or completely made up) and why?

Amber: Awesomesauce. It just sounds cool, and conveys so much excitement and congrats in one : )
  
Kristina: I use that word all the time. Kind of rolls off the tongue! When the writing gets tough, who do you lean on?

Amber:  My critique group. They are my support, my harshest editors, my butt-kickers and the ones who ‘get’ me and writing. Any time I have issues, I call on them and they’ll happily help in whatever way is needed.

Kristina: Critters, as I call them, are the awesomesauce. See, using your word already! Finish this sentence: For me, writing is like ______________ (and feel free to expand on your answer, doesn't have to be just one word)

Amber: living. I get to know other people (characters) and travel to all kinds of different worlds. What could be better? : )

Kristina: Tell us one interesting/funny/crazy thing about this book or its characters that didn't make in 'between the covers'?

Amber: Sex. Before writing Darkstorm, I was working on some of my more erotic romances. When I went back to edit this, I realized there had been some crossover in the risqué scenes, and I needed to tone it down ; )

That's too funny, Amber! I've had to spice up but not spice-down. Yet!

All About Bloodstorm:
A vampire must choose between love... or her revenge.
When duty forces a shaman to stop a vampire from her revenge, love doesn’t just burn... it bites.
For two hundred years, Niki DeVeraux has been tracking the monster who murdered her family and made her a vampire. She finally catches up to him only to face more than she bargained for in a too-sexy sheriff who makes her remember she’s still a woman. With duties as Keeper of the peace and Sheriff, Shane Spencer must protect humanity and stop the friction between the local Arcaine races before it turns into an all out blood war.

When wolves start turning up dead, the tension between the races grows and suspicion falls on Niki. Shane knows she’s not to blame, and it has nothing to do with the primal urges she stirs within him. Working together, they must stop the hostilities from going over the edge. Trouble is, the desires raging between them might prove more dangerous than the surrounding threats.

Bloodstorm (Heart of a Vampire, Book 1) is currently Free at all E-Tailers, so you can check it out today :) Find your format at: http://amberkallyn.com/books/heart-of-a-vampire-series-prn/

Find Amber Online:
Blog: www.AmberKallyn.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/AmberKallyn
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AmberKallyn
Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/AmberKallyn#!/pages/Amber-Kallyn/119605398111010
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/amberkallyn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/amberkallyn/
Sign up for my newsletter for fun & freebies: http://bit.ly/H04jPF
            
All About Amber Kallyn:
One of those rare breeds, Amber Kallyn is an Arizona native who can trace her family's history through six generations in the state. She lives with her husband, and their four very active children. Included in the menagerie are four cats (though there's always room for more), one snake, and two dogs. We won't count all the fish.

Amber loves the paranormal, from dragons to werewolves to vampires. She's currently at work on her next book, probably running around the house acting out a fight scene with her collection of swords and daggers. Or maybe, wishing she had claws to practice the other fight scenes.

Comments

  1. Cool interview. Sounds as though you have a houseful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting, Liz! And, Amber, welcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kristina,
      Thanks so much for having me over! This was so fun :)

      Delete
  3. Bloodstorm, HOAV sounds amazing--just the type of book I'm into.
    Great interview.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun Five...great answers Amber and I love your cover...yep, it's awesomesauce..lmbo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine,
      I think the cover is totally awesomesauce as well ;)

      Delete
  5. What an awesomesauce interview!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny that you got crossover between your books. Good luck with your release. I'm not going to use that word because it makes me think of applesauce. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shay,
      It was amusing... after the editing ;) Thanks!

      Delete
  7. Awesomesauce! I thought my friend Sheri made up that word. Either way, it fits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi D'ann,
      I don't know where it came from. I just started hearing it and loved it :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts