Tasty Tuesday - Easy, Cheesy Dip

Happy almost-Turkey Day, everyone! Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays - and no, not because of the food. Although pumpkin pie should be a staple food in my opinion. In our house Thanksgiving is about taking a day off not to prepare for Black Friday Sales (we actually avoid the mall and stores at all costs) but about taking a day off to reflect on the previous year and be with family and good friends.

And there is football which is a staple in our house as much as cereal is. Along with football comes snacks. I know, after all that turkey who's in the mood for snacks? Well, sometimes a little spice is the perfect thing to make turkey-tummies happy. So, I'm sharing my super-simple Easy, Cheesy Dip recipe today. It's so easy there are 3 ingredients. Seriously, three.

Ingredients:

1 container of Philadelphia Cream Cheese - the kind in the foil wrapper and don't go with the light version
12-16 oz of salsa - brand is your choice. I'm partial to Tostitos or On the Border
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese

Directions: Allow the cream cheese to soften for 45 minutes before beginning preparations. Once softened put the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl and pour the salsa over it. Stir with a spoon until well mixed - you don't want chunks of un-mixed cream cheese. Put the mixture in a serving bowl and sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top. Cover and refrigerate until party time!

Although this dip is great with tortilla chips, I think it's the best with Fritos Scoops. Also, if you like a lotlotlot of spice, add some sliced jalepeno.

That's it. Enjoy!

PS: A big announcement is coming later this week about my next book, the second in my Texas series, so stay tuned. And, because this is Thanksgiving week, if you purchase What a Texas Girl Wants (the first in the series), I'll give you a copy of my other book, The Saint's Devilish Deal - it's a 2-for-1 deal just in time for Thanksgiving. Come on, you know you need some reading material for the holiday weekend! Just send me a copy of your receipt (kristina (at) kristinaknightauthor (.) com )or a picture of the book on your e-reader of choice and your email address and I'll it right over to you. 

Comments

  1. I can't believe you can snack after a Thanksgiving dinner! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, Shay, it's crazy. In our defense, TG 'dinner' is usually at 1, snacks are 4:30 or after...and in place of supper...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:55 AM

    The recipe sounds very tasty. Congratulations on your upcoming release!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:58 AM

    The recipe sounds very tasty. Congratulations on your upcoming release!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds yummy! I love dips :) Have an amazing TURKEY DAY Kristi :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I could make this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds super good and super easy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds delicious! I'd add the jalepenos. Love the spice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for visiting, everyone! It is a really yummy (and easy) dip ~ enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kristina,
    I am so happy you are able to celebrate the holidays as a published author. Your book sounds wonderful, and so does the cheesy dip.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts