Welcome Author Jenna Jaxon!

Hiya, readers! It's my pleasure to host Jenna Jaxon on my blog today. Jenna's an amazing writer, a funny lady and an all-around great person to know. So, without further ado, on with the interview! PS: Keep reading below - there's a fun excerpt to go along with this uber-hot cover!


Kristina: What do you wear when you're writing?

Jenna: I’ve been known to wear everything from work attire, to pajamas, to a tee-shirt and panties, to sexy lingerie (for inspiration LOL)  Depends on where I am and how the mood strikes me!

Kristina: I so get that! When was the last time you argued with one of your characters? And were you caught by a real person?

Jenna: I tend to not argue with them much--it does no good because I usually let them have their way. LOL  The last time was a character in a book yet to be written kept insisting her name was Pamela, though I kept replying it should be something else.  She won. LOL  In Only Scandal Will Do, Tommy Redmond really tried to convince me he was called Andrew, but I managed to bully him out of that!

Kristina: Oh, I'm glad you won that one, he's definitely a Tommy! How do you keep gremlins – like your family – out of your office/writing habitat?

Jenna: It doesn’t happen.  They come in willy nilly, turn on the TV and make themselves comfortable no matter how much I scream.  I’m going to start threatening to move out.  Not sure if that’s going to help.  They’ll probably just follow me! LOL

Kristina: My gremlins (one husband, one kid version) follow me around, too. *sigh* Have you ever taken your frustrations with the Real World out on your characters?

Jenna: No.  They are my “Calgon, take me away” substitute.  I sit down and start writing and it’s like lying down on a shrink’s couch.  They so “get” me. 

Kristina: If you could be one character from this book, who would it be? And why?

Jenna: Jeeze, have you read this book, Kristi? LOL  Ashley would be the obvious choice--who wouldn’t love to have all these sexual adventures with a tall, dark and handsome hunk?  And I do like some experimentation, too.  I really did the hot wax play before writing that scene.  I’m still not sure why my screams didn’t attract more attention. hehehe

Kristina: Ha! I *thought* I heard something...and this explains so much!


Blurb for 7 Days of Seduction:

Ashley Thompson had a wild time at her party last Friday night. Maybe too wild. She wakes to find a video of her in the middle of a ménage a trois with her ex-boyfriend and a gorgeous stranger. Unable to remember anything about the night, other than the hot sex she sees on the computer screen, Ashley begins a search for Mr. Hunk. She has no luck until he unexpectedly shows up–in her shower.

Hunter Hopewell intends to introduce Ash to a variety of sexual experiences he finds fun and exciting. He proposes a week long series of “colorful” encounters designed to seduce Ashley out of her kink comfort zone.

As their week of escalating pleasure intensifies, Ashley must choose to let go of her inhibitions or risk losing the best damn lover she’s ever had.

Excerpt for 7 Days of Seduction:

The bathroom door opened and closed. Her hands froze. 
"Damn it, Sam. Why is it every time I take a shower you have to pee? Couldn't you just hold it for once? Or pee in a cup, for God's sake?"
"I'm not Sam. And I don't have to pee."
Ashley's eyes popped open and the bottle of body wash hit the tub with a loud thunk. The husky voice she'd heard on yesterday's video and in this morning's dream was richer in person. Sexier. Her heart took off like a deer after a shotgun blast. She peered at the shower door, seeing only a shadowy figure through the opaque glass. Well thank, God, for that. He couldn't see her either.
"Hello? Are you there, Ash?" The amusement in his tone brought her back to earth.
"Yeah, I'm here. And just who the hell are you?"
"I'm Hunter Hopewell. Sorry we didn't really get introduced the other night."
"No shit." Damn. The all-important name meant nothing. The spray from the shower roared in her ears and Ashley took a step toward the shower door. 
"So who are you? I mean, you say Hunter Hopewell, but I don't know you. And you know me."
"Yes, I do. I've never met you, but I've been interested in you for a while now."
Despite the hot water, chills raced over her body, standing her hair on end. Oh, my God. A stalker. I've attracted a stalker. And I'm shut in a bathroom with him. Suddenly, she couldn't breathe.
"You work over in English at the university." He knew where she worked. "And I've seen you around the campus." He'd been watching her. 
She wrapped her arms around her chest, shielding her body as best she could. Maybe Sam would come in. 
"You're a beautiful girl, Ashley. With lots of potential."
Potential for what? Needing to breathe or pass out, she gasped in air. 
"I think you should leave." Where the balls came from to utter that sentence, she had no idea.
"Why?" His voice rose an octave.
"Because you're scaring the crap out of me."


7 Days of Seduction released for sale on October 22 and is available at the following e-tailers:

Buy the Book:

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/7-Days-of-Seduction-ebook/dp/B009VK5ZIM%3FSubscriptionId%3DAKIAJBDF5XQBATGDX4VQ%26tag%3Dspea06-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB009VK5ZIM
New Dawning Bookfair: http://www.newdawningbookfair.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=48&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=129&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=178&vmcchk=1&Itemid=178
ARe: https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-7daysofseduction-980820-146.html
Bookstrand: http://www.bookstrand.com/7-days-of-seduction
Smashwords: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/247509


All About Jenna:

Jenna Jaxon is a multi-published author of historical and contemporary romance.  Her medieval historical romance, Betrothal, is out to her editor and she is currently starting revisions to Betrayal, the second book in the Time Enough to Love series.  Her Georgian novel, Only Scandal Will Do, the first in a series of five interconnecting novels, was released in July 2012.  Work on the second book of the series, Only Marriage Will Do, has begun.  Her third full-length novel, As Long As You’re Mine, set in Victorian London and Richmond, Virginia is currently out to an agent.

Jenna has been reading and writing historical romance since she was a teenager.  A romantic herself, she has always loved a dark side to the genre, a twist, suspense, a surprise.  She tries to incorporate all of these elements into her own stories. She lives in Virginia with her family and a small menagerie of pets.  When not reading or writing, she indulges her passion for the theatre, working with local theatres as a director.  She often feels she is directing her characters on their own private stage.

She has equated her writing to an addiction to chocolate because once she starts she just can’t stop.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Hi. Kristina! Thanks so much for having me here today!

      Delete
  2. Love your interviews here! Great excerpt. I've got some chills reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz! That's a good thing, right? :)

      Delete
  3. Great interview and your house sounds like mine. No respect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon. So sorry to hear your family's like mine when it comes to interruptions. Misery does not love company in this case. :)

      Delete
  4. Great interview, ladies. The questions were really fresh and fun. The answers were sweet and tart. Overall, it was a bit like a cherry pie. (Hmm. I must be hungry.) I hope your book hits the big time, Jenna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet, Patricia! And there was mention of cherry in the book--though not a pie. LOL

      Delete
  5. Anonymous3:20 PM

    LOL. Fantastic interview. Jenna, you may have to appropiate the remote control and put it in a safe place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea, Ella. If I can wrest it away from the child! LOL Thanks for coming by today. :)

      Delete
  6. Great interview. If you are prone to say such outrageous things, can you come guest blog at my site. I could have so much fun. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to, Liza! Hunter brings out my outrageous side! LOL I'm all about having fun. hehehe :) Thanks for coming by--and for the invite!

      Delete
  7. I've read parts of this book--it's hot!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, D'Ann! My erotic author tag line (created just because of this book) is "When hot just isn't enough." What do you think? :)

      Delete
  8. I'm excited to read this book. I love Jenna Jaxon books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brenda! I hope you'll find this one as good as my other erotics. Wouldn't want to disappoint! :)

      Delete
  9. Great interview thanks ladies! Can't wait to read this too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic interview, ladies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts