Kelsey Tagged, I'm It!


So an old pal-o-mine hit me with the Next Big Thing meme a couple of weeks ago. Kelsey Browning, you're a super-star...and I'm a lame, lame woman. I was supposed to post this one week ago and. Yeah. The flu hit our house, a couple of the people I wanted to tag had already been tagged and I went In Search Of...But, tag me you did and I'm sticking to the bargain, here we go!

The Next Big Thing is a blog meme going around in which authors talk about their next books and all things writerly...So, here goes!


What is the working title of your book?  What a Texas Girl Dreams, the third in my Texas Girls series; the other titles (What a Texas Girl Wants and What a Texas Girl Needs) are pictured to the left.

Where did the idea come from for the book? The idea for this book actually came to me about six months ago. I was in the middle of editing my debut novel, What a Texas Girl Wants, and the secondary characters of Vanessa and Monica - the sisters of the heroine in that book - would *not* leave me alone. They kept demanding attention. So, I decided to play around with story ideas for both of them. Lucky for me, my editor loved the idea and the books were officially born! What a Texas Girl Wants (Kathleen's story) released in June 2012, What a Texas Girl Needs (Vanessa's story) releases in December 2012 and What a Texas Girl Dreams (Monica's story) is set for release in early 2013.

What genre does your book fall under? Contemporary romance.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? Oh, I hate this question as much as I love it. Mostly because I like the reader to use their imagination while reading - I like doing that, too! If I have tooooo much information about a character it kind of kills the story for me. However, I heart Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams, but they're not exactly Trickett and Monica. Hmmm...I'm drawing a blank and I know that's a cop-out, but I just can't seem to choose this morning. I'll update if someone jumps out at me in the next day or so!

What is the one-sentence-synopsis of your book? Barrel racer Monica Witte wants to eclipse the shadows left by her talented older sisters, but when she pushed her horse too far its up to veterinarian Trickett Samuels to teach her how to reach for the stars.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? The book will be published by Crimson Romance, a division of F+W Media. Right now it is scheduled for a June 2013 release.

How long did it take you to write this book? Great question! This one took me about 6 weeks...but my editor may have me editing for a few more...

What else about your book might pique a reader's interest? There are a lot of family dynamics at play in the Texas Girls series; you've got the typical sister dysfunction, but underneath it all there is a lot of love. In Monica's story (she's our heroine) it's a question of what you do when the things you want and the things you need are at polar opposites.

And now for the fun part: I get to tag 5 authors whose work I love, except it seems everyone-and-their-mother has already been tagged. So, instead I'm listing a few of my new favorite authors (as in authors I've just found in the last year). No, these authors don't need to continue with the tag meme, but readers, if you're so inclined, go check out their books, mmmkay? Because they are fab!

Delores Fossen - she has a way with romantic suspense, people! I'm telling you, her heros are swoon-worthy and her heroines are the girl we'd all like to be. Check her out!

Gina Maxwell - love her hot heros and spicy stories!

D'Ann Lindun - writes the West and cowboys like nobody else. I'm in awe of her!

Christine Warner - sexy, sassy stories and she's runs a fun blog where authors can share their stories.

Jennifer Probst - I caught her first Marriage book earlier this year and...oh, just sigh. She's got a way of putting romantic chemistry on a page that leaves me breathless.

Comments

  1. Oh, yes, Ryan Gosling...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. he's yummy, isn't he, Liz?

      Delete
  2. Love learning more about your book, Kristina. A few of the authors you mentioned are automatic buys for me, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love finding new authors - makes the book buy so much simpler!

      Delete
  3. Typical sister dysfunction boy oh boy tell me about it!! Great post Kristi, and I'm looking forward to checking out those authors I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:47 AM

    Well, this is a nice way to play tag! Where's goal? ( you know the safe spot) LOL.
    Loved reading about your new and upcoming book, Kristi! Looks to be like another great book.
    Great chatting with you,
    Neecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Neecy! I'm really excited to get my editor's edits...in the mean time, time to start a new writing project!

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for mentioning me. I refuse to name actors as my characters for the same reason. I want them to be them, not Emma Stone or Amy Adams...ya know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that's a big part of my drawback. Thanks for stopping by, D!

      Delete
  6. Great post, Kristi... Your next books sounds awesome. And this is a creative way of doing the tag thing. I was tagged a month or so ago and ended up not posting because I couldn't find anyone to tag.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts