Meet Debut Author Cait O'Sullivan!

Hey, there, readers! It's my pleasure to welcome to the blog debut author Cait O'Sullivan! Cait's one of my Crimson Romance sisters and her book, Romancing the Seas, just hit shelves. I just finished reading myself and though it was fab - you'll get a sneak peek in just a few so, on with the interview!

Kristina: What do you wear when you're writing?

Cait: all depends on the weather. Normally jeans, tee-shirt and boots but if it’s cold and I’m at home, I’ll have my dressing gown on over my clothes. I do try not to wear this at my local coffee shop though . I did wonder about getting a onesie to keep me nice and warm because heck, it sure gets cold sitting there. But I think this could stifle my creativity (LOL) and plus, I drink a lot of coffee so going to the loo would be a right drag!

Kristina: I'm a jeans girl myself...at least when Yoga pants aren't acceptable...When was the last time you argued with one of your characters? And were you caught by a real person?

Cait: Generally this happens when I’m doing the vacuuming – so not very often then  -- I think it’s something about feeling secure that no-one can hear me because of the noise of the hoover. My daughter’s catch me all the time and now understand it’s just an accepted part of their bonkers mother.

Kristina: Ha! I have a DH who vacuums for me...so most of my arguing *isn't* drowned out by the noise! How do you keep gremlins – like your family – out of your office/writing habitat?

Cait: Not possible. I write all over the house – sometimes at the kitchen table or in the living room or up in bed. I’m lucky in that I can deal happily with noise – sometimes when I’m stuck I’ll go to a coffee shop and let the noise lull my brain back into action. (that doesn’t make sense does it – lull into action?!) The only one noise I cannot deal with is the continuous sound of a baby crying…oh hang on, even worse, the sound of a baby crying with a mother/father uselessly trying to calm the poor thing. It’s not the baby’s fault after all.

I guess I’m saying, the only way I can keep gremlins out of my habitat is by writing when they’re not there.

Kristina: *nods* I totally understand that. Four-year-old here and she knows no writerly boundaries... Have you ever taken your frustrations with the Real World out on your characters?

Cait: I have, without even realising it. I was going through a rough patch and bless, poor Pippa…she really turned into a harpy. All my CP’s were commenting that they hadn’t realised how rotten she could be. Oops, she’s softened up a lot now.

Kristina: I loved Pippa, can't imagine her as a harpie! If you could be one character from this book, who would it be? And why?

Cait: Pippa herself, I love her job, her life! Who wouldn’t want to be an excellent chef and get the chance to live in New Zealand. Besides, she makes me laugh.

Romancing the Seas debuted on the 7th January 2013 and is available here on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Romancing-Seas-Crimson-Romance-ebook/dp/B00AKERZGS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1355516626&sr=8-3&keywords=romancing+the+seas

About the Book: Sous-chef Pippa Renshaw thinks a change of scene will mend her bruised heart, so she swaps her job in a prestigious London restaurant to head-chef on a cruise ship sailing around New Zealand. A great plan until she meets her new CEO, the delectable Jonathon Eagleton, and discovers she has to share a suite with him.

Even though sparks fly whenever they are together, Jonathon steadfastly keeps her at arm’s length, which suits Pippa just fine because she’s still getting over the betrayal of the last time she had a relationship with the boss.

The situation is starting to feel like solitary confinement until a thunderstorm traps them in a tramper’s hut while hiking. Suddenly a different kind of storm unleashes inside the hut.

But will they be able to go back to their previous status now the line has been crossed?

Excerpt from Romancing the Seas: As his eyes adjusted to the star and firelight, only by a flare of his nostrils would anybody have known that he was taken aback by what he saw. Pippa. Hair sparkling and shining as though on fire. Her body, stretched to the stars, showing her slim belly as her top rode up. Arms outstretched to the sea, breasts high and firm, pressed against the thin silk of her shirt, then crouched to the ground, butt straining against the combat trousers she wore, riding low on her shapely hips. Then moving fluidly up to the stars again, down and around. She was part of the beat.

He willed her to open her eyes.

To feel his stare.

To connect to him, in her tribal moment.

Her eyes opened and fell directly upon his. The fire cackled, throwing her face into relief. Clearly lost in the music, her soul stretched out of her eyes and into his. The sparks hissed, bringing shadows. Jonathon stepped out of the circle of light to seek refuge in the dark.

He couldn’t peel his gaze from her as she danced with renewed vigour. My God, she was simply amazing. Was she dancing like that for him? His body tightened involuntarily, as he wished it were simply the two of them with this beat on the beach by the fire. A groan escaped his lips as his imagination had him running his hands up her bare sides to her arms and cupping her full breasts, savouring their weight in his hands, trailing kisses up her soft neck to taste her rosebud lips, the heat of the fire allowing them to lose their clothes, the beat of the drums picking up pace as …

Rubbing his hands through his hair, he bit his lip hard to drag his thoughts back from dangerous territory. Wasn’t he supposed to be controlling these thoughts? How could he, when he couldn’t get her out of his head? But it couldn’t lead anywhere. He ran down the list of why again. She was the head chef, he the CEO, and he was out to prove all CEOs weren’t soul destroying philanderers. Thinking of Mulberry and Pippa together had the same freezing effect on his blood as a cold shower would have. He left the beach without a last look and found his way back to his insipid date.

All About Cait:
Cait O'Sullivan is a romance author with a love of words and magic, having had the good fortune to grow up in Ireland. The wanderlust in her blood sent her out to travel the world and now, residing in a leafy suburb of London, it is her thoughts and memories that journey far and wide in order to create her stories.
Find Cait Online: 
http://www.facebook.com/caitosullivanauthor come by and ‘like’ me to stay updated with my news.
https://twitter.com/romanticait
caitosullivan.blogspot.com

Comments

  1. Great interview. I love the premise of the book, especially since I'm sure there's food involved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of yummy scrummy food, settings and heroes...well one hero! Thanks Irene!

      Delete
  2. Powerful scene, Cait! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irene -- you're great to pop by!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for having me here, Kristina, and for your very kind comments about Pippa too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read this!

    I was thinking the other day that I really need better office space. I drag my laptop everywhere. True story - I finished my first book with a stuck "F" key. I never realized how many times I used the letter "f." :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Robyn, that happens to me too! There's a crumb stuck behind the keyboard and every now and then gets stuck (it mightn't be a crumb) behind different letters. The last one was 'o' so I just pick up the laptop (when I get really annoyed with it) and shake it, and then the crumb moves onto another place. The joys of laptops! Thanks for swinging by, Robyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the "light" imagery - stars, fire, circle of light. Wonderfully romantic, Cait! TBR list :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth, you've made me one happy author tonight :)

      Delete
  7. Loved the excerpt, Cait! Your hero is very sexy - and wise. Makes for great conflict. Kudos to you for getting a man's POV right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My head is starting to inflate with all these wonderful comments. Big thanks Deborah, you're a total honey for coming by and making lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Pippa too Cait...she's an awesome character and Romancing the Seas was a wonderful read! Congrats on your book xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine, I'm so happy you liked it yay! xoxo

      Delete
  10. When am I ever going to find the time to read all the enticing books like this one, Cait? Hope all is going well with you and Romancing The Seas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks for coming by, Nancy, lovely to see you here :)

      Delete
    2. Hi, Cait! Thanks for being my guest today!!! Pippa's story was *such* a fun read!!

      Delete
    3. oh smiles smiles smiles do you really think so. Thanks heaps Kristi, and for having me here, it's been great fun hanging out here with you and your guests :)

      Delete
  11. I rarely argue with my characters. They always seem to win. My kids think I'm nutso, too! Best of luck with Romancing the Seas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Ally -- the thing I'm wondering is, will the kids grow up nuts too? Methinks they will :). Thanks for coming by :)

      Delete
  12. I loved your excerpt! Sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I think it's a great read -- I sure hope it is. Thank you Shawn :)

      Delete
  13. Lovely interview, ladies. Best of luck with the new release, Cait! The excerpt sounds delightful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara, you're a honey for saying so!

      Delete
  14. What a great interview, Cait and Kristina. I loved the excerpt too! I just bought the book, so am looking forward to finding out what happens next... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo-hoo thank you Serena, you're a doll! :)

      Delete
  15. Excellent interview. It was like you two were sitting around a table together having a nice chat.
    Great excerpt too, Cait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely, wasn't it? Being on Kristina's site is great -- I highly recommend it! Thanks Brenda!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts