Tasty Tuesday - WarmUp Chili!

It's frikkin' cold on the NorthCoast this week. Yeah, I said it. Frikkin'. Cold. As in the coldest temperatures we've have in more than two years. All this cold weather? Has me huddled under my favorite blankie and wanted verra, verra warm food. My favorite warm food? Chili, of course. And here's my super-simple chili recipe so y'all can get warmed up right along with me!

I like this recipe because it can be ready in a flash - like 30 minutes. That's fast in kitchen time. Of course, the longer you slow-cook it, the better and spicier it gets. But in 30 minutes you, too, can be munching hot chili on a cold, cold day.

Ingredients:

1 pound ground chuck beef (we use the 80/20 because it's leaner)
3/4 cup yellow onion, chopped (note, if you don't like onion leave it out. Seriously, the chili is just as good without it)
1 pkg (1.25 oz each) chili seasoning mix (I like McCormick brand because it's easy on the spice)
1 can (16 oz each) beans in chili seasoned sauce
1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, drained
1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
1 cup water

Cook it: 

Cook the beef and onion in a large skillet; to add a little flavor, drain the Ro*Tel tomato juice over the beef and onion. Cook until the beef is crumbling and nicely browned. Then add the other ingredients. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes. Voila! Chili, ready to eat.

By the way, if you like your chili slow-cooked, the adjustments are slight - cook the beef and onion in a skillet and then transfer to the slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients and cook on low for 1-2 hours (or until you just can't stand the tasty aroma any longer).

Comments

  1. Not a chili fan, but I do love a big bowl of thick home-made soup along with a slab of crusty bread slathered in butter. Doesn't do much for the waistline, but in winter, who sees it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the sweaters we'll wear for the 'warmth' factor, right, Margery? Any kind of soup will do...but chili is my go-to. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. Sounds good--a lot like what we ate last night just because we miss it down here (though not the cold you're having right now!) That sounds delicious, Margery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm soooo jealous of your warm winter this morning, Liz! It's sub-zero. Brrrrrrrrr!!!!

      Delete
  3. Sounds delicious. I make a Taco Soup that is a lot like that except you add lots more beans...can of chili beans, can of brown beans, can of pinto beans...and some chopped up cabbage if you want. Really good on a cold day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that sounds delish, Brenda, thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. Yum! Thank you!
    -R.T. Wolfe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a potato soup girl (face it, I'm from Idaho.) Especially with egg dumplings. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good potato soup, too...but chili wins. : )

      Delete
  6. Love the recipe... I'll have to try it. Today in Cenral PA it was only 18 degrees for a high... wind chills in the negative digits. Spring, where are you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:48 PM

    Good receipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds yummy. I copied it. We do ground turkey in chili now. I'll see how it tastes with turkey. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts