Following Dreams with Jennifer Lowery!

Hey there, everyone! It's my pleasure today to host Jennifer Lowery, author of Hard Core and a new romantic suspense, The Treasure! Jennifer's a cool lady, a great writer and runs a yummy food blog (Romance Recipes). Take it away, Jennifer!


Hi Kristina and all you fabulous readers out there *waves* Thank you so much for having me today! My debut book, The Treasure, released this month so I’m very excited to be here! Thank you so much for sharing it with me!!

In honor of my release I am giving away a $5.00 Amazon gift card to one lucky commenter so please leave me a comment with your EMAIL to be entered to win!!

I’d like to tell my readers to make your dreams happen!! Dreams really do come true if you work hard and never give up! I can’t remember wanting to be anything except a writer! I grew up devouring books, lol.
Even got caught in the seventh grade reading a romance book in the back of my math book! I detoured along the way, went to college, got a degree in Respiratory Care, and worked in a hospital as a Respiratory Therapist for 13 years before the time felt right to pursue my career as a writer—my dream. So, I quit my job, thanks to my wonderful hubby who supported us on his income, and began writing full-time. It took me 10 years to become published (I wrote during my years at the hospital) and 3 years once I began writing full-time to sign a contract! There were many heartaches, detours, pitfalls, doubts, joys, celebrations and pains along the way, but it’s worth it. So if you have a dream, don’t give up!! No matter how long it takes you to get there, don’t give up! Dreams really do come true! Make it happen!

I wish you all the luck in the world on your endeavors and hope that you will follow your dreams as I have! And when you do drop by my website http://www.jenniferloweryauthor.com and let me know that you did it!! I’d love to hear your stories of inspiration!!

As for me, I’m gonna keep on writing and following my dream! Right now I’m working on many projects. I’m revising a manuscript for submission, titled The Maze. This is one of my favorite stories! Can’t wait for you to meet Noah and Attie! Oh, the things they go through in the maze! I had the most fun writing this story and its villain, let me tell you ... I am also working on Book #2 in my Onyx Group/mercenary series. A follow up to my debut release, Hard Core now available in print and digital. And I’m planning to start Book #2, The Prize, in my Sawyer Sisters trilogy. Book #1, The Treasure, came out January 28th through Crimson Romance! Yay!! My second published book! And I have the story of my heart, Murphy’s Law, coming out March 4th through Lyrical Press!! Can’t wait for you to meet Murphy!!

Thank you for having me today, Kristina!! I just want to send out a big THANK YOU to all my readers out there! Without you I wouldn’t be here. My wish is to one day meet each and every one of you so I can personally thank you for your generosity and support!

All my best,
Jennifer



Blurb for The Treasure:

Amelia Sawyer is looking for adventure outside her ordinary life. She hires bush pilot Brody Kern to fly her into the South American jungle, expecting a dashing, debonair version of Indiana Jones, but Amelia butts heads with the brooding, gruff man.

Brody Kern, former Air Force fighter pilot, doesn’t need another Sawyer determined to find the elusive Paraíso.  People had been hurt or killed trying to find the mysterious place, including Amelia’s aunt, but Brody’s business partner has cleaned out their account and taken off with the money. Now Jeremy’s bookie is breathing down Brody’s neck, threatening to break his kneecaps, or worse, if he doesn’t pay his friend’s gambling debts.  

As Brody and Amelia hunt down the treasure with every criminal in the area wanting a piece, will it be the adventure of a lifetime—or will it result in heartbreaking betrayal?

Sensuality Level: Sensual

Excerpt from The Treasure:

She looked at Brody, saw something haunted in his eyes and the reality of what happened sank in fully. His chest rose and fell heavily, his fists clenched at his sides.

In effort to reassure him, she reached out a hand. But he didn’t take it. He was frozen in place. In the past.

“Brody,” she said softly. “I’m fine. See?” She held out her shaking hands to show him. “You saved me.”

Her breath hitched when he suddenly pulled her into his arms. The belay system prevented full body contact. Heat from his body radiated into hers as he lowered his head and claimed her lips. Consumed, possessed. All of what he couldn’t say was in that kiss and she understood fully how much she scared him.

His hands moved frantically down her spine to cup her hips and pull her against him.
When the equipment got in the way, he tore his mouth from hers and growled. His eyes blazed down into hers. Still stunned from his kiss, she stared back, unable to speak.

“Tell me to stop,” he demanded, chest heaving beneath his soaked T-shirt as rain sluiced over rock hard muscle.

Comments

  1. thanks for being my guest today, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:50 AM

      Thanks so much for having me, Kristina!! Sorry I'm late getting here-had a dentist appt. this morning. Ick! No work today-yay! Scheduled, though. Now, on to meet my readers :) Much more fun!

      Delete
  2. So glad you followed your dream Jennifer and congrats on your newest release!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:51 AM

      Thanks, Christine!! Me, too :)

      Delete
  3. We are so lucky to be following our dreams and finding more dreams to follow. My grandson has wanted to be a fighter pilot since he was five years old and guess what? Last week he was accepted into the Air Force Academy! Coversely,I have a good friend that has no dream to follow. She has no interests. She has no passions. Last week she ended up in the hospital. I think there's a glaring message in this. DREAM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lala, that is *awesome* about your grandson!!! Tell him 'thank you for serving' and give him a big hug, okay?

      I'm sorry about your friend...and I agree...we have to have dreams and aspirations or what is the point?!?

      Delete
    2. Anonymous11:55 AM

      My Brody from The Treasure is a fighter pilot! That is so awesome your grandson is following his dream, Lala!! What a fabulous dream it is!! I feel for your friend. There are so many people who don't follow their dreams, or give up on them, or allow someone to steal their dreams. It makes me sad. I do hope everyone encourages everyone they know to follow their dreams!

      Delete
  4. Great post, Jennifer. And I'm living proof that it's never too late to go after your dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous11:56 AM

      Wonderful, Margery!!! Congrats on making your dreams come true! And thank you :)

      Delete
  5. Congrats, Jennifer!!! So glad you followed and saw your dream come true!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being an author is a dream of mine. I now have five books out and hopefully many more to come! I'm giving up teaching this year full time to fulfill my dream! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:48 PM

      Awesome, Melissa!!! Sounds like your dream is coming true :) Congrats for following it!

      Delete
  7. Thanks Jennifer The Treasure was a treat to read. its lovely when dreams come true. mine did when my daughter was born, after waiting awhile for her

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:49 PM

      Aw, thanks, Julie!! And you made me tear up! I'm so glad you have your daughter :) She's a dream worth waiting for.

      Delete
  8. Congrats on seeing your dreams come true Jennifer. Loved the excerpt and blurb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:50 PM

      Thanks, Shawn! I'm so glad you enjoyed them!

      Delete
  9. Dreams are wonderful--and even better when we can follow them and see them fulfilled.
    Congratulations, Jenifer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous4:49 PM

      Completely agree, Brenda!!! Thanks so much!!

      Delete
  10. Nice post. Love dreams-come-true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous6:57 AM

      Thanks, Liz!! Me, too :)

      Delete
  11. What a wonderful hubby! And that you were able to pursue your dreams!

    Congrats on your release. Awesome excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous6:58 AM

      Thanks, Stacey! Yeah, my hubby is pretty amazing!! Thanks so much!!

      Delete
  12. Hoo boy! Nice excerpt. I believe I am going to go have a cold drink right now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Jennifer, I've had a crazy day...what nut told me to follow my dreams? This is a whole lot of work! lol. Just teasing, you're not being held responsible for my wonderful but crazy day. And I think telling people to follow their dreams is GENERALLY a good idea. Some dreams should be stopped in their tracks, however. (Like Maniac putting giant billboards on the NYC buildings.)

    Great interview. Liza2write at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:00 AM

      LOL, Liza!! You're always a hoot! Thanks :)

      Delete
  14. Congratulations Jennifer on your release! There is nothing quite like the feeling & sense of accomplishment when a dream is realized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:00 AM

      So true, Alyssa!! It's a wonderful feeling :) Thanks so much!!

      Delete
  15. Great excerpt! Follow your dreams - I'm a believer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous7:01 AM

      Yay!! So glad you're a believer, Arsoleen!! Thank so much!!

      Delete
  16. Anonymous7:03 AM

    Thank you everyone for coming over today!! I'm so happy you stopped by! And thank you, Kristina, for having me!!

    Now, on to the winner (drawn by Random.org) of the $5.00 Amazon Gift Card! And the winner is..Brenda!!! Congratulations, Brenda!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL how did I miss this post?! Sorry ladies! Lovely reading about dreams, thanks Jennifer, it's always good to be reminded that this is what writing is, following dreams. Nice one lady. Good luck with the sales!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous12:36 AM

    I'm a super fan of your's, Jennifer, and have been for many, many years. I'm thrilled for your success, am so happy you followed your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like a great book!!
    alslagle06@live.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts