Tasty Tuesday - A Fab Summer Drink!

So the calendar has rolled around to another Tuesday and since it's warming up a bit, I thought it was time to turn Tasty Tuesday into a Tasty Tuesday DRINKS edition. Don't worry, as always, this is a PG-13 rated recipe, no need to shoo the under-agers out.

This recipe is actually called a fat-flush drink; I'm not going to weigh in (pun intended) on the weight loss benefits of this particular drink. I will say that it's incredibly yummy on a hot, summer afternoon...and best enjoyed sitting on a deck and doing absolutely nothing. Other than maybe reading a book. So, without further ado: Fruity Water


Ingredients per 8 oz serving

Water
1 slice grapefruit
1 tangerine
½ cucumber, sliced
2 peppermint leaves
Ice – as much as you like

Directions
Wash grapefruit, tangerine cucumber and peppermint leaves. Slice cucumber, grapefruit and tangerine (or peel). Combine all ingredients (fruits, vegetables, 8 oz water, and ice) into a large pitcher.

Stir & Enjoy!

It's as simple as that. I love the fruity undertones of this drink, plus it's a way to get more water into your diet, especially when you feel overloaded with pain-water-boredom. Oh, and the longer it sits (although I never keep it more than 2 days) the better it tastes!

How about you, readers? Do you have a favorite summer drink recipe? Share in the comments!

Comments

  1. Wow, that looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM...that looks delish! I'm not very creative when it comes to summertime drinks. I am a huge fan of water...which is probably why this recipe grabs my interest. I'm going to try it out. The only other thing I like to drink in the summer is sun tea...and I"m sure everyone already knows that recipe. lol

    Thanks for sharing Kristi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sun tea...made my first batch yesterday, in fact! Today, too rainy so no sun tea. Except what is left in the fridge, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember my friend's mom always made sun tea. She would have these big, glass containers sitting on their back porch filled with tea. I've never tried it but it sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's delish, Sharon! Try it and you'll never go back to brewed!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts