Tasty Tuesday ~ A Must-Have Egg Tool

So, I'm going to veer ever so slightly off the usual path of our Tasty Tuesday moments, peoples, and instead of sharing a full-blown recipe with you I'm going to share one of my new favorite kitchen tools.

Like, ever.

They're called 'Eggies' and they are the easiest way to make hard or soft boiled eggs. Like, ever. Seriously.

That's them over on the right.

Why do I like the Eggie? For oh so many reasons. First, because now I don't have to peel eggs, ever. Here's how the Eggie works: you set up the bottom half of the tools and spray with Pam (make it easier for the finished egg to come out). Then, you crack a raw egg into the container, put on the top and place in boiling water. Once its done, dump the hot water and run a little cold water over them. When they're cooled sufficiently, open the Eggie and the cooked egg comes right out. No fuss. No muss.

No peeling eggs. No cries of despair from the kitchen when an entire egg white sticks to the shell when RadioMan or bebe are trying to peel. No pressing or shaking looking for that one air pocket that is left after an egg is cooked. No getting that thin white film thing stuck to my fingers. I hate that filmy stuff.

Plus, the eggs are never overdone. Or underdone. If you want soft-boiled? There's a time setting for it. Hard boiled? A time for that too. Plus recipes for deviled eggs, only the white or only the yolks.

This is the final product: whole, cooked eggs. Sure, they're flat on one end, but who cares? I will repeat again: no more peeling boiled eggs. Ever.

Now, go forth and buy your own set of Eggies...but not before sharing a kitchen tool or tip of your own. Come on, what gadget makes you happy lately?

Comments

  1. I love to cook and love trying out new gadgets! FUN!

    The gadget my son has been using a lot lately that I picked up at a kitchen accessory story is just a circular piece of metal that I can't remember the name of! lol You put it in your pan and crack an egg into it. The size of the ring is perfect for making your own bagel or croissant breakfast sandwich...which are big deals with my boys lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh, that sounds great. We are egg sandwich people here. I will look for that next time we're on a Kitchen Tool Caper. :D Thanks for visiting, Christine!

      Delete
    2. Anonymous2:23 PM

      just crack it into a pepper ring--viola!

      Delete
  2. That's pretty cool! I'm not much in the kitchen. I'm just happy if I have clean forks for the salad! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! I bet you make a *mean* salad, D'Ann!

      Delete
  3. Hmmmm. What do I have that saves time? I'm totally stumped, although I'm sure I take a lot of shortcuts! I can tell you it's REALLY nifty to take a full lettuce leaf, stuff it into your hard taco shell before you add your meats, cheeses, sauces, etc., and the lettuce keeps your filling in place without falling to your lap or the floor. I guess that speeds up any cleaning issues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that is a GREAT idea, Lala! I'm going to try that on our next taco night!

      Delete
  4. I don't have one yet, but I want me a handy dandy cheese grater a la Olive Garden! My daughter-in-law got one from Pampered Chef http://www.pamperedchef.com/our_products/catalog/product.jsp?productId=157&categoryCode=CE , but all the hinting in the world hasn't made her give it to me yet. :-) I may have to--gasp!--drop 20 bucks and buy it for myself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts