A Pre-Thanksgiving Moment...

So, yeah, Thanksgiving here in the US isn't technically for two more days. But today is bebe's last day of school before her first school vacation ... and that has me in the holiday mood.

I have to say that, as much as I love having more time to work on my books and seeing her grow, I kind of miss her coming to my desk every five minutes, asking for more juice or to read a book or play with play dough ... or why boogers are green or whatever has her imagination for those five minutes.

Seriously. Miss.

I know, it's all part of growing up and on those days when she interrupted more than she allowed me to work I wanted to pull my hair out...or maybe move to Timbuktu just to finish a paragraph. But I miss her! It's weird. RadioMan and I have been talking about that all week - how pre-school was an adjustment and Kindergarten has been a bigger adjustment and how thankful we both are that we are able to work from home and spend so much time with her.

So, today, I'm thankful for the five years I had her beside me 24/7. Don't worry, by Sunday evening I'll be ready for her to go back to school and get my new-old-routine back. But right now, I'm nostalgic.

Tell me, what are you nostalgic for this Thanksgiving week?

Comments

  1. We've had an empty nest long enough that I no longer miss the day-to-day-ness of children in the house (you get selfish with your time after a while), but I still miss the excitement of something always going on, even if it's only crazy conversation. Have a great holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Liz! Have a wonderful holiday!

      Delete
  2. We've already had our Thanksgiving in Canada, but on every holiday, I'm nostalgic for the days when our family, all 20-something of us, sat around a table and enjoyed a day together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are the BEST memories, Margery, hold them close!

      Delete
  3. Sigh. I miss my daughter, little, mid and grown. I wish she was here every day. Enjoy every minute, it flies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - it's great ... but someday she's not going to want the cuddles and then I'll cry!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts