#TastyTuesday: Beef Enchiladas

Hi, lovely readers! It's been a while since we've talked food and, well, I'm hungry so I've got recipes on my mind. A couple of months ago I was bored realized our dinners were in a little bit of a rut and I started wandering through recipe sites to find some new meal ideas for my curmedgeonly picky crew.

Photo Courtesy: Kraft Recipes
One of the homeruns: Beefy Enchiladas - and the best part - I toss all the ingredients in the crock pot in the morning, let them stew all day and, voila!, heat the tortillas and serve at dinner time.

Ingredients:
1 lb of stew meat or ground beef (we prefer stew meat)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp rubbed sage
1 can (14½ oz.) stewed tomatoes
⅓ cup butter
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 can (14½ oz) beef broth
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
4 to 6 garlic cloves minced
1 to 2 Tbsp chili powder to taste
1 to 2 tsp rubbed sage
1 to 2 Tbsp cumin
½ tsp salt
8-10 flour tortillas
Shredded cheese, to taste (we like Kraft's Shredded Mexican Blend)

Directions: toss all the ingredients, except the flour, cheese and tortillas, into the crockpot. Cook on low heat for about 5 hours. Then, add in the flour, stirring until combined. Allow the mixture to thicken. About 10 minutes before dinner, pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees. Wrap the tortillas in tin foil and heat for 7 minutes.

Serves 4 with leftovers to spare!

Comments

  1. deeeelish, Liz! And they're made even better by the fact that I can toss everything together and leave it to cook rather than standing over a hot stove for an hour! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:06 AM

    I am so making these this week since I am on deadline! They sound awesome and my kids and hubby will love them. Thanks, Kristina!! My family thanks you too :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts