#3OnThursday - Halloween Costumes!

Spring and Fall are my favorite seasons. As much as I love summer and as much as I love the snow in winter (you know, until we've had 5+ days of below-zero temperatures), there is something about the scents of budding flowers and growing grass...and of burning leaves and pumpkin everything that I can't get enough of. So much that I decorated our house this year before Labor Day. And I bought my first package of pumpkin spice M&Ms. I am a Fall addict.

Which brings me to this weeks 3 on Thursday - Favorite Halloween Costumes!

I loved dressing up for Halloween as a kid - I can remember being a Roller Derby Girl, I'm pretty sure I was Super Girl one year and (of course) I was a cowboy just like my older brother a few times. But over the years I've had three favorite costumes:

3. Lucy Van Pelt - I love the Peanuts gang ... a couple of years ago bebe wanted to be Snoopy for Halloween, and I decided it would be fun if the three of us dressed up - so RadioMan went as Charlie Brown and I was Lucy Van Pelt - complete with polyester blue dress. We had a ball ... unfortunately I only got pics of bebe. There's one right there:

2. Strawberry Shortcake. I think I was about 7 when I went trick-or-treating as Strawberry Shortcake. I'm not sure why I chose that costume because I was never really a Strawberry fan...but I loved that costume, even the plastic mask that made it hard to see.

1. Wonder Woman - again with the hard-plastic mask that made it hard to see...I had the gold bracelets, the short-shorts and a t-shirt made to look like Wonder Woman's bustier. Man, was I styling! Well, for an 8 year old!

If you're celebrating tomorrow night, have a wonderful time - and be safe!!

What about you? Did you have a favorite Halloween costume from your younger days? And, do you still dress up? 

Comments

Popular Posts