#3OnThursday - Favorite Holiday Flicks!

Hi, gang! I'm back with another 3 on Thursday after a LONG hiatus in which I wrote all the words. Some of them twice. :D

Because I've been in heaven binge-watching a lot of these movies over the past couple of weeks, I thought I'd make this a holiday movie edition and list 3 of my favorite holiday movies. Yes, there are more, but these three are special. At least for today.

1. Rudolph. And Santa Clause is Coming To Town. When I was little my mom would make hot cocoa and we would all sit down in the living room at 7pm on a Wednesday night and magic would happen. Rudolph and Hermie or the Klaus family would bring their stop-motion amazingness to life. We watched it every year until my brother and I were too cool. And then my younger siblings got to the right age and we started watching again because...it's magic.

2. The Holiday. This is a new-ish holiday movie and the holiday parts are really lightly covered. Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslett switch houses because each of them wants to have a holiday that isn't smothered in angst...really, neither wants to have a holiday at all, they just want to get away. And then, romance takes over. I just love it!

3. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I love that Chevy Chase can't get his lights to work and I love that family you love-but-don't-love comes to visit and I really, really, really love it when they're trying to catch the squirrel that's terrorizing the tree. It's just fun!

Okay, I shared mine, join the fun! What movies are must-watchers during the holiday season?

Comments

Popular Posts