#TastyTuesday: Kristina's Fairy Pudding

Hi, gang! Sorry I've been a little MIA with the recipes lately...I wish I had a good excuse like I'd been whisked away to a remote Caribbean island with questionable interwebz but the truth is ... it's the holidays. And I've had 2 books due. And shopping. And family in for a week. And, well, it's the holidays. It's busy and lovely and amazing! So today I'm sharing one of my favorite holiday dessert recipes - fairy pudding! This is a really light but very sweet pudding - so don't forget a glass of milk!

What you need:

1 cup sugar
1 envelope Knox gelatin
1 cup milk
2 egg whites
2 beaten egg yolks
1 cup whipping cream - the actual cream, not Cool Whip or the canned Readi-Whip stuff
2 cups Graham cracker crumbs - I like to use actual graham crackers and smush then in a ziploc with my rolling pin

In a sauce pan over medium heat, cook the sugar, gelatin, milk and beaten egg yolks until it bubbles. Do not allow it to boil or the milk will scorch. Allow it to cool and then fold the beaten egg whites and whipping cream. Layer 3/4 of the graham cracker crumbs in the bottom of a serving dish - I use a 9X11 Pyrex, but you could use pie plates or any pretty dish, really. Pour the pudding over the graham crackers and then sprinkle the remaining crumbs over the top. Refridgerate for at least 2 hours and serve!

Comments

Popular Posts