#TeaserTuesday - Heather Thurmeier's The Hookup Hoax

Hiya, lovely readers! I'm excited to welcome my friend, Heather Thurmeier to the blog today! Heather just released a faboo new contemporary romance that I canNOT wait to read. It's called The Hookup Hoax, and she is sharing an excerpt with us for Teaser Tuesday...okay, Heather, take it away!

Excerpt:

Her tongue darted out to give her lips a quick lick and he was overcome with the desire to kiss her, right there, right then. Not because someone was watching and they were performing, but because he wanted to.
“I hope you’re not acting like that on my account.” Aidan took his seat across the table. “Actually, I hope you are acting because if this is a real moment I’m witnessing, then you leave me no choice but to take you outside to kick your ass.”
Her gaze flickered down to his lips. Sawyer sank into his chair, leaving his hand on the back of her neck for another moment, not wanting to stop touching her.
“Relax. We’re chatting about work.” Sawyer sighed and gripped his cold glass instead of Olivia, already missing the feel of her warm, soft skin under his fingertips.
“I don’t know, from my angle it looked like you two were getting awfully cozy. Don’t tell me I’ve made a huge mistake letting this arrangement happen.”
“Last time I checked, you weren’t involved in the arrangement between us.” She raised her chin. “Is that right?”
“The lady has spoken.” Sawyer smirked. He liked having her on his side. Not that he was against Aidan in any way, but having her defend their agreement felt surprisingly good. For once, he wasn’t alone in trying to reach his goals.
Olivia covered her mouth as she yawned. “I know you guys are used to working but I’m not and my first day was exhausting. I don’t want to argue. I want to sit here, have a drink and a bite to eat, possibly some good conversation— although with you two, you’ll probably have me bored to tears—and then you’re taking me home to bed.”
The beer hit the back of Sawyer’s throat when he inhaled quickly at her unexpected words. He coughed and covered his mouth with his napkin. Her cheeks turned bright red.
“That’s not what I meant,” she said. “I meant he drove us here so after dinner, technically, he’d be the one taking me home. And then I intend to go straight between the sheets.”
Sawyer arched an eyebrow and couldn’t hold back a smirk.
“Really?” Aidan asked, chuckling.
“Alone. I’m going to bed alone. So I’m not tired for work tomorrow.” She scoffed at both of them in turn. “You two have your minds in the gutter. And gross. You’re my brother, he’s your best friend. You should kick his ass right now for being a part of this conversation.”

They laughed while she rolled her eyes.

The Hookup Hoax Blurb:

The perfect guy. The perfect girl. The perfect lie.

Sawyer Sterling needs a girlfriend. With the family cabin up for grabs, he's desperate to prove that he could be the guy to “pass it on.” Of course, Sawyer also has a tendency to treat relationships like a contagious stomach flu that should be avoided at all costs. Now he needs a girlfriend-for-hire. Someone he can trust. Someone he could never, ever fall for...

Someone like his best friend's sister.

Sawyer's offer is exactly what Olivia Morgan needs. After traveling around the world for the last five years, the promise of a job and free accommodations is heaven. And sure, maybe Sawyer's a super-hot, charming guy with dimples made for kissing, but he’s not willing to be the guy—or relationship—she needs. 

All it takes is one hot hook-up before this little hoax gets blown all to hell...      

Buy The Book:  AMAZON   B&N   KOBO   iTUNES

About Heather:

Heather Thurmeier is a lover of strawberry margaritas, a hater of spiders and a reality TV junkie. Born and raised in the Canadian prairies, she now lives in New York with her husband and kids where she’s become some kind of odd Canuck-Yankee hybrid. When she's not busy taking care of the kids and pets, Heather’s writing her next romance, which will probably be filled with sassy heroines, sexy heroes that make your heart pound, laugh out loud moments and always a happily ever after. She loves to hear from readers on social media and her website at heatherthurmeier.com!

Follow Heather Online: Author Website   Author Twitter   Author Facebook   Newsletter

Comments

Popular Posts