#TeaserTuesday: Read an Excerpt from Kristina Knight's Start Me Up

Hi, everyone! It's a special day here - it's release day for Start Me Up, book 2 in my Anthem Trilogy...so I thought I'd share a little teaser with you guys today. Here we go!

Excerpt from Start Me Up:

She sat back, crossing her arms over her chest. "You can't be serious."
His posture was the exact opposite of hers. Everything about him was opposite. Where she wore a pretty Stella McCartney blouse and prim pencil skirt, he wore ripped jeans and a tight black tee. Her strappy Manolos hadn't a single scratch. His Dr. Martens had to be from 1999 and looked like they'd cleaned up after one too many groupies in the green room.
You're in control here, Nina. You're the professional. He's the client. Shoo him away like the ass he really is.
Oh, but what a fine ass he has, the part of her brain she was definitely not listening to today said.
"I assure you I'm serious. I need a non-clingy, well-proportioned date for a gala fundraiser in two days and I'd prefer she have no illusions as to what this is about." He sat forward in his chair and Nina was sure she saw his abs ripple. She caught her breath and then forced her gaze from the spectacle and back to those blue-blue eyes. And promptly forgot to breathe again. "The money raised will keep music programs in at least fifteen local schools. To keep the cash coming I need the headlines to be about the event, not my social life."
"Then you should go alone."

Buy Start Me Up: Amazon  BN  iBooks KOBO

Comments

Popular Posts